𝘎𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦

"Wear this and wear this crown. You're dressing like the High Princess of the Night Court and ruler of the Court of Nightmares."

"I'm not allowed to wear a crown, Rhysand."

"Fuck it." Was all he said before inspecting my bed and laid down on it. "Tonight's the night. I've got a good feeling about it."

"Final trial?" I asked and jumped when the twins appeared. "I hate it when you two do that to me!"

"The vial you requested." The said and handed it to Rhysand who just gave it to me.

"Drink this and tell me how you feel." He ordered and practically shoved the tonic down my throat before pushing me to a mirror. "So?"

I looked up just in time as my eyes turned black, my tattoos started emitting smoke and Azriel's shadows tangled themselves in my hair and practically started singing.

"Mother is back... mother is back."

"I'm me again!?" I exclaimed and he nodded. "Rhys, how did you-"

"Let's just say that if I limp, don't say anything. You have no idea what I had to do to knock her out long enough to search for that thing."

"Rhysand, this is-"

"Nothing compared to all you have sacrificed for me these fifty years." He smiled and hugged me tight. "I told you that I have a good feeling."

"I'm cutting off her head." I decided and we both laughed.

"By all means, do your worst." Rhysand pressed a light kiss to my forehead as I snapped my fingers, immediately changing into the outfit he laid out for me. "A truly terrifying sight... High Princess."

"It's time to get what I'm owed and the respect I deserve

"It's time to get what I'm owed and the respect I deserve."

"Do your worst, Lady of Darkness."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

I don't know how Rhys did it, but he managed to get me a throne.

My throne from the Court of Nightmares.

"Chin up and let the shadows swim. Sit where you belong and play your part. I believe you already know what it is." Rhysand calmly spoke in my mind as he led me to my throne. "As requested. My sister, Lady of Darkness and High Princess of the Night Court!"

"Rhysand, what is the meaning of this!?" Amarantha screeched and Jurian's eye had a playful glint.

Rhys just ignored her and sat on the armrest just as Feyre walked in, clearly taken aback when she made eye contact with me.

"Two trials lie behind you," Amarantha said, picking at a fleck of dust on her blood-red gown. Her black hair shone, a gleaming darkness that threatened to swallow up her golden crown. "And only one more awaits. I wonder if it will be worse to fail now when you are so close... Any last words before you die?"