4

Chapter 4

  "...Mom, you..." Ji Congzhe jumped up on the bed with a dark face. He was about to curse, but suddenly his eyes rolled. What the little brat said was a solution, but...

  Lin Zhen opened a pair of clear eyes and asked, "Is it difficult?"

  Ji Congzhe shook his head and said, "A little confused."

  "Your family shouldn't take you seriously."

  Ji Congzhe was surprised: "How did you tell?"

  Lin Zhen slowly twitched the corners of his mouth, with a slightly disgusted look on his face.

  "You don't even have a dowry."

  "!!!" Ji Congzhe gritted his teeth.

  Lin Zhen shut her mouth and stopped talking, looking at him for advice.

  The Ji family received a gift of two hundred yuan from the Lin family. Two hundred yuan was considered a lot of money in this era. After all, Ji Congzhe was also the biological son of that family. It wouldn't be too much to borrow a few hundred yuan in the past. .

  "Okay, as you said, we can go there tomorrow."

  At this moment, there was finally a glimmer of hope in their eyes.

  There is still a little rice in the barrel. Lin Zhen estimated that it can last for three meals. I ate one meal at noon today. I originally planned to save it for the day after tomorrow, but since I decided to borrow money, I will worry about tomorrow and wait for tomorrow. With a sad thought, I simply cooked porridge for dinner and ate the remaining pickles from lunch until I was half full.

  "Don't tell me you survived by drinking rice soup this week?"

  When Ji Congzhe was lying on the bed, he asked him, "I don't see that you can endure hardships. You do your small work well."

  Lin Zhen replied with an eye roll, which represented the depression in his heart during this period.

"How much money do you think we need to turn over?"

  Lin Zhen thought for a moment, "At current prices, one dollar can buy three kilograms of rice. How come we need dozens of kilograms of rice to survive the winter? The lard for cooking has also bottomed out, so we have to buy some fat meat to boil oil."

  There was a window next to the bed, and he took another look. "The glass is cracked, and there will be air leakage when the weather gets colder."

  Ji Congzhe followed his gaze to the roof.

  "It rained last week and the roof will leak. I need to buy some tiles to fix it."

  Lin Zhen said that he hadn't thought of anything else yet, but what he just said was enough to make Ji Congzhe feel cold. But he was even more surprised that Lin Zhen actually said it clearly.

  Ji Congzhe raised his eyebrows and teased, "You even know how to use lard for cooking. You have only been here for more than a week and you have so much experience in life?"

  "If you come here and you are the only one in the family, you will also know."

  Logically speaking, this was a sad thing, but Ji Congzhe couldn't help but be amused by his sad and helpless look.

  "I have to borrow fifty yuan anyway." Finally, Lin Zhen added, "A conservative estimate."

  Ji Congzhe felt that just by living with the Ji family for a week, he could gain experience. Let alone fifty yuan, I'm afraid five yuan would be enough.