58

Chapter 58

  Lin Zhen was squatting in the ancestral hall. When Ji Congzhe returned home alone, he began to dig out the corn flour and prepare to mix it to make tortillas.

  He had made flatbreads before, so corn tortillas were a no-brainer. It's just that I have to do a little more today. It took me a long time just to knead the dough.

  After rolling out dozens of cakes, his arms became weak from exhaustion.

  Now that my belly is getting bigger and bigger, my movements are very cumbersome. Just lighting the fire and pouring water and making cakes on the stove is as slow as a snail.

  It seemed that we couldn't cook lunch alone, and it would be troublesome for Lin Zhen to watch the eggs and come back to eat them, so they just had tortillas and tea eggs for lunch.

  That day he was too choked to eat tortillas in the watermelon field. Today he went to the back mountain to pull out a piece of Chinese cabbage, chop it up and prepare to make cabbage soup.

  Just when you are pasting the cake, just pour the chopped cabbage into the boiling water and wait until it is cooked.

  Ji Congzhe put the lid on the pot, found a basket, and spread a piece of white gauze with nylon mesh on the bottom of the basket. This kind of white gauze is available in every household. It can be used for food and squeezing. After a while, the sweet potatoes are ground into After the dregs are removed, you have to squeeze out the juice with this piece of gauze to make sweet potato powder.

  After tossing all morning, the hot tortillas were all ready. He took a basin, scooped out the vegetable soup in the pot, poured half of the pot of water into it again, and then put the cold tortillas on the table. Place the tortillas on the steam rack and cover them in the pot to keep them warm.

  He had to eat lunch by himself first, and then go to deliver cakes to Lin Zhen.

  The vegetable soup is eaten with tortillas, and the taste is a perfect match. He ate four cakes in a row and drank a bowl of soup. He didn't have time to wash the dishes, so he took a big teacup from the cupboard, filled the teacup with vegetable soup, opened the lid of the pot, and put the tortillas in. Just put it into the basket with chopsticks.

  It was just before eleven o'clock, and there were already many people rushing to the ancestral hall along the way. Some of them were holding high stools in their hands. It was obvious that they would not stop watching all day long.

  Ji Congzhe held a tea cup in his left hand and a basket in his right hand. Before he entered the ancestral hall, a group of children were screaming and playing inside. After a while, several children ran out of the ancestral hall and ran rampant.

  "Damn it! You kids." He nervously held the basket in his hands to cover his stomach.

  When I walked to the entrance of the ancestral hall, I found that there were already many vendors. Even in front of the two gates, there were stalls, selling dry goods, medicinal materials, melon seeds, children's toys, and colorful leather rings for little girls.

  When I walked inside, I saw two or three candied haws sellers. The straw sticks were filled with hawthorns and apples wrapped in brown sugar. A group of children were surrounding them.

  Lin Zhen was already busy. There were five or six people gathered in front of the coal stove. He was collecting money and changing while taking a spoon to fish out boiled tea eggs with mottled shells.

  Ji Congzhe walked over, and Lin Zhen stood up from the chair and asked him to sit.

  When the tea egg buyer saw this, he smiled and said, "Boss, you are so lucky. My wife has a big belly and even brought you lunch."