34

Chapter 34

  Now that they are busy, the two of them are no longer bound to work all the time. The next tea market is about to open, and Lin Zhen has to practice tea frying before then, so the work in the fields falls on Ji Congzhe.

  After returning from plowing the fields that day, Lin Zhen was frying tea in the house. Ji Congzhe took out the grain seeds and poured them into a basin filled with water to germinate. He then uncovered the cloth wrapping the gourd seeds and found that the gourd seeds had sprouted. .

  He followed what Chen Hu taught him, dug a few handfuls of soil and put it in the basin, and then buried the gourd seeds in it. Within a few days, the gourd seeds turned into gourd seedlings, with a few tender leaves on the thin rhizomes.

  The method of accelerating the germination of grain seeds is similar to that of gourd seeds. After a few days, the seeds will also open and the green buds will curl up in the cracks.

  So today he had to transplant the gourd seedlings to the back hill and sow the grain seeds into the fields.

  They were still having breakfast when Chen Hu came next door.

  "Lin Zhen Xiaoji, have your grains been soaked?"

  "It's soaked." Ji Congzhe hurriedly took the grain seeds wrapped in cloth from the stairwell and showed them to Chen Hu. "Brother Hu, take a look. Is it a success?"

  "Yes, the buds have sprouted. Then you two will go and prepare the rice field tomorrow so that you can cultivate the grain seeds."

  Lin Zhen nodded, "We are planning to go today."

  Chen Hu said to Lin Zhen again, "I have inquired for you. The old master said that there happens to be wood during this time and he can start making it for you."

  Ji Congzhe was confused when he heard this, and asked Lin Zhen, "What are you doing?"

  Lin Zhen replied, "I asked Brother Hu to help me find out about making a tea stove."

  Ji Congzhe said "Oh". Lin Zhen had indeed chatted with him a while ago. The main reason is that they have been using the stove to fry tea, which consumes too much firewood. If it is a tea frying stove, it has good sealing and can use charcoal directly. Especially as the second wave of tea-picking season is coming, Lin Zhen's technology has also improved a lot, and they are in urgent need of a tea-frying stove.

  Lin Zhen asked Chen Hu how much it would cost to make a tea stove.

  "With stove and iron pot, it's twenty-two yuan. If you want it, come with me to find the master tonight."

  Lin Zhen nodded, "Okay, I'll go with you tonight."

  After breakfast, Ji Congzhe put the sprouted grain seeds into the lead bucket, picked up the hoe and was about to go out. Lin Zhen asked him, "You really don't need me to go with you?"

  Ji Congzhe waved his hand, "I can do the technical work of plowing. The whole rice field is not a problem, okay? Just stay at home and fry the tea leaves. Whether the tea leaves can be sold at a high price depends on you."

  There is no need to work hard on the whole acre of rice field. Use a hoe to pile up the mud into a thick ridge in a quarter, so that the grain seeds can be gathered in one place.

  Ji Congzhe took off his shoes, rolled up his trouser legs, stepped into the mud and slowly pushed the mud to one place with a hoe. After working for half an hour, he built a long mud ridge and then grabbed a handful of grain seeds and spread them evenly. On the soil ridge, in about ten days, the grain seeds can be cultivated into seedlings.