27

Chapter 27

  After returning from town, they bought a hen and cut off a piece of meat as big as a palm. They spent a total of four and a half yuan. They haven't reached the point of squandering it yet, so they save the province.

  It was already noon when they arrived at the entrance of the village, and they parted ways with Yan Cen. Ji Congzhe made an appointment with him to go to town at the same time tonight.

  Now that the weather is getting warmer, it's hard to marinate meat for fear of getting stinky and wormy. But this little meat is too little for one meal, and I can't even stir-fry half a plate. Lin Zhen went to the canteen first and bought a pound of eggs for eighty cents.

  Now the two families next door have become their experts. They grow in the fields and cook on the stove. If you don't understand anything, just go over and ask for advice.

  When Wang Xiaoyan heard that they had bought meat and eggs, she told them to steam the meat patties with whole eggs, so that they could cook the meat for several meals without using eggs.

  Ever since he was praised by Lin Zhen for his good cooking skills, as long as Ji Congzhe was not tired and had nothing to do, he would take the initiative to take over the chef's work. He cut a quarter of the meat as big as a palm, and threw the rest into a bowl and put it in the cupboard. The weather is in early March, and although there is no refrigerator to keep it fresh, it will still not go bad after being stored for two days.

  Lin Zhen went to put down the chickens and went to the back mountain to get some vegetables.

  Ji Congzhe was cooking alone at home. After washing the meat, he chopped it into pieces as Wang Xiaoyan said. He first put the pork in a hot pot and stir-fried it. However, the fire in the stove started. When he was about to add lard, he discovered that There is no rice wine at home.

  He could only put out the fire first and wait for Lin Zhen to come back later and ask him to get some rice wine.

  Ji Congzhe took out a bowl from the cupboard, cracked the eggs, and stirred the eggs quickly with his chopsticks. At this time, Lin Zhen came back with a root of lettuce.

  "This is the last one," he said.

  "Where's the black rapeseed?"

  "It's all rotten in the ground. I've seen it and it's completely inedible."

  "Let's talk about it then. You go get some drinks first."

  Lin Zhen put down the lettuce, took the big tea cup from the cupboard and went out.

  After Ji Congzhe finished beating the eggs, he went to the well to wash the lettuce and wash the rice. He poured the rice into the pot and put the steaming rack on it.

  Lin Zhen bought a dollar of wine, and when he came back, he consciously went to the stove to light the fire. Ji Congzhe poured the minced meat into the empty iron pot next to it and stir-fried. The fire was burning vigorously, and the meat cooked quickly and exploded sizzlingly. After frying the oil for a minute, you only need to add some rice wine and seasonings, then scoop it out and mix it with the egg liquid. Finally, add water until the water reaches the edge of the bowl and place it on the steaming rack.

  There were two dishes for dinner. The steamed meatloaf with egg was filled with the rich aroma of wine. It was smooth and tender with the texture of minced meat. The two of them quickly finished a pot of rice.

  After lunch, they had to go up the mountain again. They only picked two rows yesterday, and there were still seven or eight rows left at the tea field. If they don't hurry up, when the rain comes down and the buds are extracted, the price will not go up. .