chapter 13: Times of... (2/2)

A/N: Time traveling to save Kuroi is risky- everything could go wrong, but what Saiki didn't expect is that someone was watching his every move.
----

In the foothills of mount Mushiro

14:55 PM

Amid the greenery, a bright pink hair protruding from a baseball cap stands out among the surrounding natural scenery. A boy less than 3 feet tall was looking down at his watch, watching time pass slowly.

The young boy dull magenta eyes held no trace of childishness, only containing patience unbecoming for an elementary boy.

This boy is Saiki Kusuo.

Or perhaps he should be called young Kusuo now-

[ I don't care what I'm called, is this necessary. ]

-At 15:00 is when everything begins. As the little boy in cap stood in the middle of the lush mountain forest, a pleasant cool breeze drifted by caressing his skin.

High above was the sun illuminating the land. It was a beautiful day. The day Riko Amanai is said to merge with Master Tengen is also the day red forever stains the elevator entrance to the tomb.

Something that I shall try to change.

...Now, what to do with this guy.

Turning his head, Saiki's eyes looked straight into another pair of piercing black eyes of the infamous Toji Fushiguro, the scar on his lip stretched unpleasantly as he smirked in nothing but pure derision.

Scrawny and mentally challenged? They must be kidding with me.

"Hey kid, mind telling me what's your business being here. I sure as hell didn't sign up to be a babysitter" Toji drawled with an unimpressed look on his face, eyes narrowed in contemplation as he rubbed his hair.

" Your family sent you on an errand?" When Toji asked, he received only silent yet again. He pursed his lips,

"Silence won't get you anywhere in life, kid. Speak up."

Hand on hips, the man looked Saiki up and down to observe whether he came from any of the well know sorcerer families,

"One of the orphan they smuggle in then. " Finding no similarities at all, Toji muttered to himself when Saiki continued to silently look at him with those lifeless eyes.

Like a fish out of water, the boy's eyes was unnerving without any distant contrast between the iris and pupil, only a solid color of magenta-it was like an attempt to imitate a human but then failed to replicate the emotions one was supposed to have. If not for the fact its being near impossible, Toji may have thought this was a humanoid curse and isn't a little kid.

How rude, this is how I usually look.

" I'm not one to do the whole emotional talks thing, so if you don't want a shiny itsy bitsy bullet accidentally get stuck in that skull of yours. Leave" Toji warned, his tall form shadowed over Saiki young body.

If an actual child heard such threats, it would have cause them to shivers, weak on the knees or faint in fright- Hell adult would be intimidated by this man presence, but unfortunately for Toji.

He's dealing with Saiki. The boy didn't even bulge from his spot, in fact the boy look like he didn't even want to listen to Toji at all.

What a joke, bringing someone to monitor me after all that talk about having faith in my abilities.Surely it was enough that their Lord and savior kept an eye on me.Toji snorted internally, his off handed thought caught Saiki attention.