038. NOT EXACTLY A BEDTIME STORY

Chapter thirty eight

"Not exactly a bedtime story."

The next morning, Beatrix was sitting downstairs with her mother and grandmother eating breakfast, although as they did, Beatrix huffed "seeing as Klaus is back in town can you maybe tell us the real story about Klaus and not some fairytale bedtime story about him being a king who's been cursed by an awful witch to not turn into a werewolf?" she asked, as her grandmother chuckled "well, technically, the story was true. Just a little embellished a bit for a child's mind." she shared "so?" her mother asked, as her grandmother looked at them all, she sighed "okay. But for the record I wasn't there, I only know what I was told by Klaus and Elijah." she shared.

As Beatrix and her mother looked at her with raised brows "in 1404, there was a ball where Elijah was talking to Katherine or Katerina, and in normal Lord Nicklaus fashion, like yesterday, he loves a good entrance. Although he prefers to be called Klaus, and I'm sure he's dropped the lord term by now although he loves to be called a King. Where him and Elijah are brothers, where there father.." she told them, scoffing "what a piece of work he is, was a wealthy land owner in a village in eastern Europe. Their mother had seven children, although I only was told about six, being Henrik who died a long time ago, Finn, Elijah, Klaus, Rebekah and Kol, although when I knew them I only had met Elijah, Klaus, Rebekah and Kol. Where they happen to be the oldest vampires in the world having been human themselves once." her grandmother shared.

"Hence why they are called the original family." Beatrix realized, as her mother furrowed her brows "then why does Elijah want him dead?" she asked, as her grandmother furrowed her brows "well that could be many reasons. To which one it is at this moment in time, I am very unsure." she shared, as they all continued to eat their breakfast.

The day continued on, as they all were then sitting in the living room still listening to her "where like I had told you the day after you came back from being taken from him, nothing could kill an original, neither sun, fire, a stake, or a werewolf bite can stop them." her grandmother shared "but the dinner?" Beatrix asked her "the blood had to have been dipped in an ash from a very particular tree that I had been told was burned down years ago. Because as witches, we can't truly let something immortal walk the earth, everything has a weakness which is what creates balance." her grandmother shared.

"So Klaus want's to break the sun and moon curse so he could what?" Beatrix asked, as her grandmother laughed "the sun and moon curse, remember how I laughed when Alaric said it was Aztec? Because Klaus when he was drunk had drawn it up along with Roman scrolls, African tribal sketching's and any culture or continent they wanted to be a part of it." she shared "and why?" her mother asked "well, if you have almost every specie especially one's at war looking for those specific items, the quicker you tend to find them for yourself. Where the curse of the sun and the moon itself doesn't exist at all." she shared, as Beatrix and her mother raised their brows.

Where soon the sun was setting as the three sat down for dinner "so, if it's not the sun and moon curse then it's the curse like you told me in the story." Beatrix realized "exactly. And Klaus has been trying to break it for the last thousand years. And according to him, Elena's his only hope along with other things like.." her grandmother was saying, and as she did, someone rang the doorbell, as Beatrix furrowed her brows "I wonder who that could be." she shared, putting her fork and knife down, as she stood up, walking to the front door, she opened it and as she did, she felt her heart stop as her eyes went wide, seeing Elijah standing there, perfectly fine.

Where Elijah was staring at her as well, having been recounting the time with Katherine to Elena, every so often he would remember the moment that had been haunting him the most, having heard Beatrix scream when he had been killed by Damon, where Beatrix had stepped out of the house, shutting the door behind her and as she did, Elijah then put his hands on her face and leaned down kissing her, as Beatrix brought her hands up, kissing him back, Elijah backed the two of them up into the door, as he ran his hand down her hair and down her back, the two of them then quickly pulled away.

Catching their breath, which fanned across each other's face, not wanting to be far away from each other "I can't stay here long. I'm gonna have to meet Elena again soon, seeing as she pulled the dagger out of me and is driving a hard bargain." Elijah shared, as Beatrix shook her head "I wanted to save you..I just..I didn't.." she was telling him, as Elijah leaned down kissing her again, as he pulled away "no, no, I wouldn't expect you too. Especially after what Elena told me with what happened with Dr Martin coming after you to trade you for his daughter and then Klaus, what you did to Bonnie." he shared, as Beatrix pulled him back toward's her, kissing him, Elijah kissed her back.

But soon he had to leave again, as Beatrix walked back into the house, she shut the door behind her, and as she did, her mother was cleaning up the dining room table "who was at the door?" she asked her, as Beatrix was catching her breath, her grandmother stepped into the door way, chuckling "cheeks flushed, heavy breathing, ruffled hair, looks like a classic secret make out to me, but although with who I cannot figure out, unless.." she shared, furrowing her brows "unless Klaus showing up spooked Elena into un daggering Elijah." she mentioned, as Beatrix looked at them both "I don't want to talk about this with either of you." she shared, looking between the two "can we finish the story?" she asked.

As her grandmother motioned to her "fine." she told her, sighing "the Mikaelsons were built off family loyalty, were extremely close, kind of like us although Klaus and his father never got along, where the moment they became vampires made the reason why very clear seeing as Klaus was not the man's son, but from a completely different bloodline. Where when the awful man discovered this information, he hunted the man down and killed him along with his entire family. Which started a war between species the three of us know very well, seeing as we were pulled into one not too long ago." she shared.

"Between the vampires and werewolves." her mother mentioned "where then if Klaus was half vampire, half wolf, what does that make him?" Beatrix asked "he's unlike no other. He's both of them." her grandmother mentioned, as Beatrix's eyes went wide, realizing what exactly the curse was "and because a hybrid has the capability of being deadlier then any werewolf or vampire, his mother who happened to be a witch, forced his werewolf side to become dormant. Where this whole curse is so that he could trigger that part of him, unbind himself from the moonstone and if done right, he would be able to sire his own bloodline. Making it own race of species. He'd truly be a king over all vampires, werewolves, anybody." her grandmother shared.

"But you're helping him?" her mother asked, as her grandmother turned to her "because in a time where I was alone and afraid, he took me in and when I shared that I had seen Katherine that only made our bond stronger, where we shared secrets with each other. We had become best friends along with the rest of his family. We all cared for each other and I promised them that I would never betray them and i won't. Which was why when Elena grew up and she started to look more and more like Katherine, I hated her because I was scared of what could one day come to pass and here we are." she shared, throwing her arms out.

"But..but I've been thinking over all these years that maybe...maybe killing the doppelganger along with a vampire and a werewolf might not be enough, but that..that maybe the two species of what he is might need to die but the doppelgangers blood might be the key to creating his species opposed to her dying." he shared, as Beatrix pushed off the door "and have you told this to Klaus?" she asked her, as her grandmother chuckled "no, I haven't seen him in years! Besides if I told him, he would never listen to me, he'd think I was conspiring against him and kill me." she shared.

"But we could save Elena." her mother shared "don't you think know that!" her grandmother voiced, sighing "but it's too late. It'll be the full moon tomorrow night and there's nothing else we can do because Klaus has enough witches to do what needs to be done and all we're allowed to do is give him a stupid stone." she shared, walking out of the kitchen, and turning heading up the stairs "goodnight to you both." she told them "goodnight." Beatrix and her mother told her, although as Beatrix stood there, she began to think of a way to get involved in the sacrifice, just like she always had done since she was a little girl, where she'd imagine time and time again, her breaking the spell and saving the king, but now it was real and not some bedtime story.