071. MIND GAMES

Chapter seventy one

"Mind games." 

The next day, Beatrix had gone to Klaus's house as she was looking through the whole place for him, she heard him groaning in pain as she walked to where she found him before "Klaus, look, I get what I did was wrong, but.." she was saying, as she stopped, seeing him sweating and in pain, staring at her "what happened?" Beatrix asked him, walking down to him, Klaus thought it could actually be here "Silas. He attacked me. He stabbed me with the white oak stake. A piece of it is still inside of me." he shared, walking toward's her "what? You..you could die!" Beatrix voiced "well, I certainly feel like I'm dying." Klaus shared.

As Beatrix put her hands on his face and made him look at her "aw, I see the way you care about her, and she's probably care if you were dying if you got me that cure!" she voiced "Silas!" Klaus voiced, as Silas shoved him to the floor and turned around "wow, it is so easy fooling you! All I have to do is bat my eyelashes!" Silas voiced, turning to Klaus "but tomorrow, who knows who I may be? Cause she is fun!" Silas voiced "show me your real face." Klaus told Silas "now, why would I do that when I can look like whoever I want you to see." Silas shared, walking toward's him, Klaus jumped "resist me all you want, Klaus, but until you bring me the cure I will bring you nothing but misery." Silas shared, disappearing.

Later on, the real Beatrix made it to Klaus's house "Klaus! Klaus, where are you! You've been texting me non stop! Thought you'd want nothing to do with me!" she voiced "go away." Klaus said, as Beatrix furrowed her brows "go away?" she asked, walking in the direction of his voice, she found him on the floor, curled into himself like she had been after he not only broke up with her but left her after she killed his mother "well, this is interesting sight to see, should I grab something and speed off like you did to me?" she asked him "I need more time. Stop hounding me!" Klaus voiced.

"Hounding you?" Beatrix asked, raising her brows, she pulled her phone out of her pocket, looking at her texts "whatever your doing, leave me alone! Leave me alone! Help me! I'm working on it! Stop it! Go away! And that's only a view of the crazy text messages you've sent me today. Not even the one's from last night." she shared, putting her phone down "why are you hounding me?" she asked him "Beatrix. Is it really you?" Klaus asked her "what is this twenty questions?" Beatrix asked him, as Klaus pushed himself up by the piano bench and sat down, breathing heavy "prove it to me." he told her.

As Beatrix's eyes went wide "prove it to you? I am tired of you and Stefan and your games, I have things to do that don't involve either of you." she shared, turning around and walking out "wait, please. Silas. He stabbed me with the white oak stake. There's a little piece of it stuck inside me." Klaus shared, as Beatrix turned to him, crossing her arms "and let me guess, he pretended to be me? What does he want from you, Klaus?" she asked him, having not known of this little mission of his "well, I was in no position to ask questions. Suffice it to say, I'm hurt. So you can understand why I called you." Klaus shared.

"I don't." Beatrix told him "well if I die, you and all your friends die with me." Klaus shared, as Beatrix huffed "god, your insufferable, where's a knife?" she asked, walking away from him, Klaus's eyes went wide, afraid if she came back, it would be Silas and not her.

Having made it back, it was Beatrix as Klaus was leaning on the piano, Beatrix was digging through his back with the knife "oh, oops, sorry, I just stabbed you in your cold dead heart on accident." Beatrix shared, as Klaus then groaned "nope, wrong part of the anatomy it was just a rib." Beatrix told him "well, I'm glad you're finding my misery so amusing." Klaus shared, as Beatrix huffed, pulling the knife out "Klaus, I don't know what you're talking about! There's no white oak stake stuck in you! And of course I'm finding this amusing because even though you know i'm working with Silas, you know that I'm the only person in the world who'd come and help you." she shared.

"You killed twelve witches for your grandfather. You can't get your hands a little dirty for me. Here I thought we were becoming friends." Klaus told her, as Beatrix leaned over him and held the knife to his neck "friends? You and me, will never be friends, I thought I loved you and I thought you loved me but in the end it was just forced proximity and now I want nothing to do with you or Stefan or any guy for that matter and now I'm doing what I want. So according to the other texts I've gotten it seems like Tyler's run off again so how about for her own sanity you let him back for at least prom. Cause everyone's now playing by my rules." she shared, as Klaus huffed.

And as the night went on, Beatrix was twiddling the knife between her hands lounging on the couch while Klaus groaned in pain "I can feel the splinters moving toward's my heart. Help me!" Klaus voiced "I already told you not until you give me your word." Beatrix told him "and what makes you simply think I won't break my word?" Klaus asked her, as Beatrix pointed her knife at him "cause you know that if you do, it won't be me that come's for you in the end but everyone else you killed that want's their revenge on you, where I could either help you and you join my team or you keep fighting me and I just leave you on your own like you always want." she shared.

"I saved your life, three times!" Klaus voiced "because you put it in danger three times! And the first time Stefan and Damon could've gotten me out of there without you if you hadn't been pulling them apart all summer. I helped you break you curse, I gave you the means to make your hybrids, why can't you ever just help me without getting something in return?" Beatrix asked "because Tyler Lockwood tried to kill me." Klaus shared, as Beatrix stood up "everyone in this town except for me has tried to kill you! How do you think you deserve anything from me after all the times that I've helped you, all you do is turn your back on me?" she asked him.

As Klaus pushed himself up, standing face to face with her "I will not have my hand forced by you or anyone else!" he voiced "see! This is what I'm talking about! I help you time and time again just like everyone else and all I get is a good job or what I do thrown in my face or told that they don't need me or left alone! Why do you all think I'm picking myself for once!" Beatrix voiced, turning away from him, Klaus sped in front of her "don't turn your back on me!" he voiced "I should have turned my back on you ages ago!" Beatrix voiced, as Klaus stared at her "it's gone. The pain." Klaus told her, putting his hand to his back "the pain is gone." he shared.

"Because it was never really there." Beatrix told him, realizing what the mind trick was and that it wasn't only on him but here as well, to teach her that she was still holding onto him and that she needed to let go of him, as she threw the knife to the floor "have a nice life, Klaus." she told him, turning around and walking out, no longer wanting to be there.