Chapter 301. Rashta's Disappointment (2)

"Did Rashta give birth? ​So soon?"

The news did not come at a good time.

We had gathered as a family to celebrate my brother's return after solving the problem with the thousand eternal bandits.

It was a really bad time.

My family's faces contorted in different ways as the news broke.

The secretary, who brought the news of the birth of Rashta's baby, had first murmured that it was 'sensitive news'.

In fact, the secretary indicated to Heinley that he preferred to tell him in private, since it was news from the Eastern Empire.

But Heinley ordered the secretary to say it in the presence of everyone, probably wanting to show a dignified image in front of my parents, my brother, and me.

In the end, the celebration of my brother's return fell apart.

Leaving my parents and brother behind, Heinley asked his secretary in a heavy voice.

"If she gave birth now, it's a premature baby, right?"

"Yes. It's a girl, a princess."

This time the secretary looked at me when he answered.

I kept expressionless and just walked casually.

"Hmm... Your Majesty. Besides.. the Emperor sent an invitation."

"What invitation?"

"An invitation to a banquet to celebrate the birth of the first descendant of the imperial family."

"He invited us both?"

"Well. At the bottom of the invitation was a sentence that said, 'It is not necessary to attend.\\\'"

The corners of my mouth curved reflexively.

It was not usual to add that sentence to an invitation.

What Sovieshu meant in other words is— 'I sent the invitation out of formality, but do not attend'.

I could understand him. If I appeared next to Heinley on the day of his child's birth celebration, Sovieshu would feel uncomfortable.

"The baby was born prematurely. What an irony of life."

After the secretary walked away, Heinley snorted in a cold voice.

"Isn't it, My Queen?"

"What do you mean?"

"Didn't she indiscriminately attack Lady Nian about her premature baby? But now her baby was also born prematurely."

"That's true. "

I had heard that Sovieshu did all the work, so I don't think she gave birth prematurely because she was overwhelmed.

"Something bad must have happened."

Four hours later, I learned from Nian what had happened.

"I heard that woman donated a huge sum of money at her wedding. Apparently, suspicions have been raised that this money might be from Your Majesty."

Surprisingly, it seemed that the incident of the promissory notes I had uncovered to protect my parents was what shocked Rashta so much that she gave birth prematurely.

Well, I don't think that's the only reason she gave birth prematurely.

"It's pleasant. Don't you think, Your Majesty?"

"Yes..."

Nian, who didn't know that I had been the one to uncover the promissory notes, smiled with satisfaction at what had happened.