Chapter 355. Slave Certificate (2)

Unlike the Imperial Family of the Eastern Empire, which was as calm as if it was on the eve of a storm, the Zemensia Family, of the Western Empire, was right in the midst of one.

It all started with the argument between Duke Zemensia and the Old Duke.

"Father, Emperor Heinley immediately avenged Middelen. For your grandson, Emperor Heinley locked up Grand Duke Lilteang in a tower, willing to go face to face with the Emperor of the Eastern Empire."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Christa is already dead. She died of her own fault. If Christa had gone quietly to Compshire from the start, you, my wife, my children and I would be as well as ever."

A fire appeared in the Old Duke's eyes when his son spoke ill of his dead sister.

Duke Zemensia said what he felt even though he knew his father would not like it.

"It is a pity that she died, but what matters most are those who are alive. We need to put aside the grudges over Christa's death and board the new ship, father."

"..."

"Empress Navier is already pregnant. Finally the Imperial Family has a direct successor. Even the nobles who did not look favorably on Empress Navier now bow to her."

The Duchess, who had remained seated quietly at his side, also added,

"That's true. Everyone who approaches Empress Navier praises her. She even treats with kindness those who were not polite to her before. We too have to forget our grudges and think about the children's future."

The Old Duke listened in silence to his son and daughter-in-law, but after a while he exclaimed because he couldn't stand it any longer,

"Idiots! You're a couple of idiots!"

"Father!"

"You want to side with the Imperial Family because Heinley supposedly avenged my grandson? I don't know what I've done to deserve such a naive son like you!"

"Father, it's true! Grand Duke Lilteang has been taken to a tower. I saw it with my own eyes."

"Idiot! Idiot!"

The Old Duke clenched his teeth to suppress the desire to insult him worse.

"Although Grand Duke Lilteang is famous for his loss of self-control, he is not crazy enough to cause serious trouble in such a place."

"Grand Duke Lilteang has caused several serious incidents. He also holds a grudge against you. Besides, he didn't do it openly, there was hardly anyone around the pond where Middelen was."

If other nobles had been the witnesses, an investigation would probably have been conducted in a formal manner. But since it was the Emperor together with Duke Zemensia, the sentence in this case was immediate.

Of course, imprisoning Grand Duke Lilteang directly in a tower was a measure that could anger the Emperor of the Eastern Empire. Even if Emperor Heinley had been a witness.

Duke Zemensia believed that Emperor Heinley was willing to take such a risk to protect his people.

However, the Old Duke considered that point suspicious.

"Father, you always think he has an ulterior motive. Do you hate Emperor Heinley that much?"

"You are an idiot, an idiot. Emperor Heinley has marked us as his next target, but you want to support the person who ended your sister's life."

Unable to understand each other, father and son kept silent and turned their heads in different directions.

No matter what his son said, Old Duke Zemensia would not believe Emperor Heinley.