Chapter 369. Promise Of Revenge (2)

"Did you not understand my question?"

When I looked at him with my head cocked, an awkward smile appeared on his stiff face.

Heinley shifted backwards on the bed unsteadily, with the book still in his arms. The moment he reached the edge of the bed, he slowly stood up and backed toward the door.

Anyone could tell he wanted to run away.

"What are you doing?" I asked coldly.

"What do you mean?"

Although he answered with a pleasant voice, he still moved towards the door.

"Come back here. Take five steps forward."

Hearing the determination in my voice, Heinley sighed. However, he approached with big steps.

I didn't expect him to do that. By the fourth step he was on the bed and by the fifth he was inches from my face. He was cute, but I could tell he was trying to use his handsome looks to soften me up, so I frowned and said.

"Step back. Take a step back."

Unlike the big steps he took to approach me, this time Heinley only took a small step back.

"I'm not kidding."

I spoke coldly and Heinley finally stepped back properly and lowered his head. The book in question was still in his arms.

"Give it to me."

Once I reached out with my hand, Heinley hesitated before finally handing me the book he had been reading on my belly.

I knew it. I assumed it from the first moment. Glancing at the contents, I could see that it was a war novel. A novel that recounted many bloody events.

He was reading this on my belly?

As I stared at him with my arms crossed, Heinley excused himself and forced a smile.

"My Queen... it's believed that one can influence a baby's future by speaking to it in its mother's womb."

"So you expect our child to become a king of war?"

"That would be nice..."

"I read children's books to the baby to keep its mind clean. Do you poison our baby's mind while I sleep?"

"It's just that... I want a brave child to be born."

Looking into my eyes, Heinley added, stuttering,

"The little bird I saw in my dreams was very naughty... it needs to be educated early on."

What? Naughty? Isn't he talking about himself?

"The little bird I saw in my dreams was very cute and obedient, Heinley."

"Really? No, that can't be."

"It's fine if you want a brave child. But you have to omit some parts when you read a war novel. Why did you read that part where a lot of blood came out of the enemy's chest when he was pierced by the spear?"

"It's that... the baby must know exactly what war means. Otherwise, many people will suffer... the baby must learn that war itself is cruel..."

"Wouldn't it be better to teach our child about war as it grows up?"

Heinley didn't seem to agree with me, but I had already made up my mind.

I pointed at the door with the book.

"My Queen?"

"Get out!"

"My Queen..."

"Didn't you say you want to educate our baby in my womb? This is also education. The baby must learn that if one does bad things, one will be punished. Even its father."