Chapter 3: Sith and Apprentice

Lyra was brought back to somewhere other than her cell. She regretted every action she took in the last 24 hours. Instead of her dreary cell, she was brought back to a luxurious room with an actual bed and it's own living room table. It was still painted black, but it was more clean and sleek looking.

Whether she was in a cell or this dumb room, she was still a prisoner. But this time it was self inflicted. The reason Lyra was in the cell to begin with was because she tried running.

Lyra heard whispers of a chance that would be given to her to go on a mission, and nothing terrified her more. She didn't want her life to change. If it were up to her, Lyra would never leave this place. That used to be her choice, or at least she thought it was at the time. It took her being offered the opportunity to run that made her realize what she truly wanted.

Even with the nice bed, Lyra hasn't been off her feet since being dumped in this beautiful place. She couldn't stop pacing; thinking of any way to get out of this. She didn't want to be Dooku's slave anymore. It was just one master to another for her, the double meaning behind the word being accurate in both cases for her unfortunately.

Eventually there was a knock at her door. The sound of metal crunching against a mix of metal and plastoid made that same sound that caused the young girl to panic for a second. Should she pretend to not be there, take out the droid and attempt to escape again? Could she use the droid's communication device to signal somebody for help?

Lyra caught one glance of her "window view" and as soon as it came, all her hope for escape was lost. She's tried defiance over and over and over again, it's gotten her nowhere good. There was only one route that could ever get her off this godforsaken planet: cooperation.

"Yes?" Her voice shook with uncertainty of the choice to respond.

"Lord Dooku has requested your presence." A regular battle droid said timidly, probably afraid that she's rip off the door and maul him trying to get away again.

"Did he mention where? Or am I supposed to figure out that part on my own." She said sarcastically. It seemed to have gone right over the droid's oval head.

"Uh, he said you would know where to find him; so..." the droid panicked and left without saying anything else. Lyra sighed, and finally sat on her bed.

"Wish I didn't." Lyra muttered to herself. She was only able to keep it all together for a few silent seconds before she fell backwards onto her bed and groaning so loud form her misery she could've sworn Dooku heard her.

Lyra took a couple minutes to let out all the built up pain she's been keeping inside for years.

After that, she put a smile on her face and tried to clear her head of any treasonous thoughts before netting Dooku so he wouldn't impale her. Lyra did know exactly where he would be: her old training grounds.

As soon as she set foot on the familiar concrete ground, her training rushed back to her in a flurry. Se didn't regret any of her time she spent trying to better her connection to the force and use it to her liking, but she now feared that the whole time she didn't take it seriously was about to catch up with her.

"Come forth, my child. We have much to discuss." Lyra swallowed down her food trying to crawl it away back out. She took long, confident strides towards her teacher. Don't Dooku had his eyes peacefully shut, sitting with his legs crossed in the direct center of the gardens.