Chapter 5: Escape From Christophsis

Going back to Dooku at Castle Serenno was no longer an option for the two failed assassins. One assassin was too weak to get the job done mentally and the other physically. It was almost like a metaphor personified.

Nova and Lyra were separated again, but both had the same goal in mind. With the Republic reigning victorious of the planet it meant that stealing a Relublic ship would be much harder. It would be more convenient to rob the Separatists since a stolen ship wasn't their biggest point of concern at the moment. Plus all the droids were shut off and the leader surrendered.

Nova was back in her spot from before at the third floor of the crystallized building. She looked through her binoculars to see wide open space where the Republic cruiser was. Battle stations were now either fully abandoned by the clones or skimpily guarded, minus the heavy canons.

It was fairly easy locating a ship that didn't look damaged beyond repair. It was a B2 Super Battle droid dropper, which meant it had more space and was higher quality. Only problem was there were five troopers guarding it with big guns and no tolerance for Separatist scum like Nova would be considered now.

Nova didn't know how she was going to pull this off, all she knew is that no more innocent lives would be lost today. She still had Anakin Skywalker on the back if her mind. Remorse and shame for actions against him mixed to create a pot of steaming guilt. Besides, he probably chose to become a Jedi. Something told Nova these clone troopers were given no such choice.

"Maybe pretend to be a civilian?" Nova knew the blaster bolts would be enough to kill or gravely wound the soldiers which she did not want to do, but she wondered if there was a way to knock them out only temporarily.

"Oh well, gotta to sometime or another." Nova left her binoculars on the floor and discreetly climbed down from the backside of the building again. She took her light saber and tucked it into her boots praying nothing would scratch the button to turn it on.

"Hey! You, what are you do—" his question was interrupted by a scream. Nova could only watch in horror as he was tackled onto the ground by a familiar blue blur. Something told Nova that wasn't entirely on purpose as Lyra clumsily got to her feet. The other clones shouted at her but Lyra fought bravely, disarming and destroying them. Nova was paralyzed but she remembered why she even came down here.

Nova ran into the ship and hopped in the pilots seat without realizing she had never left her home planets surface before.

"Uh oh." A heavy thud at the entrance of the ship attracted Nova's attention to the entrance of the ship.

"Bit impatient, are we?" Nova backed herself against the wall only for Lyra to scoop her out of the way and start ignition sequence and getting the engines hot.

"I'm not going anywhere with you." Lyra didn't stop working on getting the ship started up as she spared Nova one amused look.

"Saved your life twice in the last ten minutes and I can't be trusted? Nice." Lyra startled Nova when she heard the rumbling of the engine coming to life.

"Now are you gonna be my copilot or not kid?" Lyra was focused on the ship, but when everything was ready she turned around with her signature smirk. It disappeared like lightning when she realized the little alien who was such a thorn in her side was not in the ship anymore.

Lyra risked one glance outside the ship's ramp to see Nova running back at her with troopers on her tail. Lyra didn't hesitate to grab the fallen troopers blaster and stun all of the men chasing her with only one try. Lyra dragged another blaster from the floor onto the ramp after Nova stormed on.