Chapter 14: Nothing Lasts Forever

"Is this why you boys crashed in the hangar?" Lyra asked as she jumped behind the controls. Tech fought for the pilots seat, but Lyra won with a good knock into the pelvis region. The ship weaved through the pink foggy atmosphere of Bespin with Lyra at the controls.

"Technically, I would classify that as a highly abrupt landing—" He went flying backwards out of the cockpit when she pulled up as hard as she could.

"What do you know, he lives up to his name too." Lyra muttered to herself. Crosshair gripped Tech's hand to keep him from colliding with the door between them and the airlock and held onto his brother with a steel grip until Obi-Wan used to the force to carry everyone to their respective seats. They buckled themselves and Obi-Wan climbed his way to the copilots seat.

"Nova! Buckle—" Lyra called behind her. She jumped with surprise at the sight of Nova who was clawing her way into the seat next to her and buckled there.

"Nova!" She screamed.

"Lyra!" Nova screamed back at her with an adorable chuckle at the end as she stared through the transparisteel window in amazement.

"Wow, Bespin is so pretty. Do you think we can come back here one day when the mission is finished?" Lyra was trying so hard to focus on the impending death fastly approaching in the form of the ground, but it was hard when a little beam of sunshine was next to her with blinding rays of happiness. Lyra smiled for a second before recalling what situation they were in.

"Why are you here?" Lyra shouted over the roaring outside the ship the extreme pressure against the air current created.

"I got bored. Plus, Crosshair is kinda scary." The sniper who heard her from outside couldn't help but smirk a little, proud of the fear he instilled into the heart of a fifteen year old girl. Only to have Lyra turn around and scoff extra loudly.

"Yeah, no he's not." Just like that the smirk was gone. Now all his brothers were laughing at him under their breath.

"Woo! Are we gonna crash!? Someone please tell me we're gonna crash!" Everybody turned to face him with a deadpan look.

"We're gonna crash." They all said in tired voices. The entire ship performed a collective eye roll at the big clones continued chanting and cheering for their demises. Lyra kicked the wall between the boys and herself. It successfully shut them up; but just to be safe.

"Shut the hell up!" She shouted with an angry rumble buried in her tone that made Wrecker go stone faced.

"If one more person damages the interior of my ship—" Tech growled, getting cut off by the turbulence outside.

"Nova, flick the dangly thing up there then press the small red button." Lyra instructed much more calmly than their first crash together. Nova did as Lyra said with no fuss. She felt something kick on, it was the reverse thruster's.

"Obi-Wan, Cody, get ready to jump." Lyra saw the big landing platform from the hologram Cody showed her and locked onto it. Cody and his General released the protective covers on their seats and sprung up. Outside the window the girls could see the security droids on the platform becoming alert to their presence.

"Sword and shield maneuver sound good to you, General?" Cody prompted, loading his blaster.

"Sounds splendid, Cody." Obi-Wan took out his light saber. The ship was still rocking in the wind, and because of the damaged motivator the ride was still bumpy anyways.

"Good luck, Master." Nova sent him an encouraging smile paired with an equally supportive thumbs up over her seat.

"No such thing as luck, my Padawan. But may the force be with you as well." Lyra lowered the ramp for them. Cody and Obi-Wan shared a look of anxiety, yet also extreme trust before leaping into the platform headfirst. Instantly they were swept with an onslaught of droids firing at them. Cody stood behind Obi-Wan, but he wasn't cowering. The trooper shot any droids he could while his General protected them both from oncoming fire. Inside the ship still, Nova scrunched up her face in deep confusion.