Chapter 8: Loyalty

Nova was perhaps a bit too overly excited about the idea of becoming a Jedi like Obi-Wan, but it was something she couldn't just push out of her head. Lyra on the other hand, was less than enthused.

"I still don't understand how you can look me in the eyes and tell me you wouldn't jump at the chance to be one! Isn't it just like waht Dooku tried to make us but... better?" Nova grunted as she let herself fall backwards and hit her bed. Obi-Wan gave her a room next to Lyra's in the barracks section of his cruiser that almost gave Nova a heart attack when she first saw it's sheer size.

"I don't know about better. Definitely different. And no, I wouldn't, because the Jedi are as stupid as their rules are." Nova scrunched her marking together as she sat up in her bed.

"They have rules?" Lyra gave her a deadpan look of disappointment.

"No, no they just run about with laser swords and slice people to their hearts content." Nova rolled her eyes and dragged Lyra down to lay across the bed with her.

"If that were true, you'd have joined them a long time ago." Lyra chuckled and put her hands behind her head for laying.

"You're starting to get the hang of the whole sarcasm thing, huh?" Nova smirked at Lyra for a second before laying her head back down. They were both exhausted from their trip to Orto Plutonia with the Senator, but their longing for their friend back was greater than any amount of tiredness.

Aurora was the first person to be there for both of them in a time when they needed it most. Living with her for those 6 short weeks was a dream come true. It was certainly the best six weeks of their lives. Now it was over. All that was left for them now was uncertainty. Uncertainty of their fate, of their place in the galaxy, even if what the hell they were doing on this ship. One thing they knew for sure, there was a rather aggressive knock at the door.

"Hello?" Nova jumped back when the door opened automatically.

"Wow! That door is really cool." She beamed at whoever was at the cool door, her smile faltered slightly when she saw it was Anakin glowering down at her. Lyra noticed her mood drop and peered up to see who it was.

"Can we help you?" Lyra asked. Anakin did a double take for a second. With all that sass he would've sworn it was Obi-Wan talking to him.

"Not me. Obi-Wan wanted you on the bridge." Anakin said before walking out of the room with the door shutting automatically behind him, Nova gasping slightly when it did so. She was too busy talking Lyra's ear off when they were led here to notice it.

"So do we have to find it ourselves, or...?" Anakin didn't come back. Lyra groaned and threw herself back into the stiff bed.

"Come on, let's go! It'll be like a fun little adventure." Nova put all her body weight into dragging Lyra off the bed by tugging her hands. Eventually she flipped onto the floor and snapped up.

"Fine, fine. Let's go." Lyra rolled her eyes but couldn't hide her smile as Nova giddily dragged her along the corridors. They got odd looks from all the clones in yellow and blue painted armor as they passed. Two faces stood out (metaphorically) among the rest. Echo gave a firm nod of his head towards the two as they passed.

"Ladies." Fives gave a goofy grin and a two fingered salute as he passed them by.

"Wait! Fives!" Nova called him back. He turned over his right shoulder to see them again.

"Would you mind showing us to the bridge? We've been walking into random rooms for the past ten minutes." Fives chuckled and waved for them to follow him. Lyra and Echo both rolled their eyes at the same time at Fives' strutting down the corridor. Lyra regretted asking for help from him at all.