two

_

The more she tried to get comfortable the more she found herself unable. She wasn't sure what it was. It could have been anything. Was it the monster haunting her dream sight after night? Or was it being attacked by that very monster? Maybe it was Scott and Harley, the likelihood of them now being werewolves. Or could it be the strange happenings growing in frequency whenever her and Stiles were alone? Was it the woman speaking in her mind during moments of high stress?

Her bare feet had adjusted quickly to the coldness of the floor as she made her way across the hall where she could feel her twin sitting just as restless she had.

Guilt burned her throat at the realization that they had not shared any of it with Parker, who had been worried sick about them all day. When his shift at the clinic ended, he could hardly bring himself to leave his little sister there after dark.

But how could she tell him anything? She knew that Stiles would say the same thing—how could they tell him when it could put his life at risk? It was bad enough that Scott and Harley had been attacked. What if it came for Parker?

The door swung open, revealing a very tired Stiles.

The twins said nothing as they stared at each other, a silent understanding between them like a chain holding them together.

Asher said nothing as she stepped forward and wrapped her arms around her brother's torso, seeking the comfort only they could give each other.

"I love you, Stiles."

He held her tighter, resting his head on top of hers.

"I love you too, Sissy."

Sissy and Stiles, she smiled softly, always.

____

Isaac dropped the pencil down onto the page and shook his head, looking at Asher with a mixture of both confusion and frustration;

"How do you do this?"

Asher shrugged, "I use Parker's notes since he had a different chemistry teacher. Harris isn't very helpful. You want me to swipe the notebooks?"

"Yes please. My dad will kill me if I fail this class" he mumbled, dropping his head into his hands and rubbing his face in exhaustion.

"I just don't fuckin' study for Harris—if I fail they'll just stick me in the other teacher's class next semester." Harley shrugged.

"You aren't failing yet, hopefully it stays that way. Look, I'll get the notebooks and I'll keep helping you study. We've got plenty of time before the next test."

Harley scoffed, "Harris's tests are bullshit. I think he wants to make us all think we're stupid."

"He's such an asshole, and I don't even get why!" Isaac groaned.

"He's a middle aged, single man with absolutely no friends. Of course he wants to suck the life out of us, he's gotta find enjoyment somewhere." Asher slammed her own notebook closed, watching her friends do the same.

"Poor guy probably hasn't been laid in years, I'd be pretty pissy too if I were him. No friends, no life, getting no ass...shit sounds like torture."

Asher rolled her eyes and flicked her pen cap across the table, hitting Harley directly on the tip of his nose.

"How is your aim so good?" Eli chuckled, tossing her own pen cap at Harley and missing by a few inches.

"Practice makes perfect. I like throwing things at him. Besides, his head's too big to miss—"