six

_

Asher wasn't the only one having violent dreams that night. Scott had too, and part of him was convinced he had killed Allison. In fact, Scott had described the exact same dream that had kept Asher up the previous night.

Asher knew better than to think that Scott had actually killed Allison, but the boy seemed to be quite torn up over it. She turned her attention fully to Scott and grabbed his shoulders, "You didn't kill her."

"We don't know that—"

"Scott really? If you turned in the middle of the night and killed your girlfriend don't you think you'd wake up covered in blood? Whatever bond this alpha has with you might make you turn but I doubt it's full on mind control, there's no way you wouldn't remember washing the blood off if you did kill someone. And werewolf or not, you don't have a murderous bone in your body. So please, for the love of everything that doesn't suck in this world, chill." she stated, looking the werewolf in the eyes, silently daring him to argue. He didn't. She could still see the blood everywhere from her dream. She knew it wasn't Scott, the eyes gave that away. The red eyes were the alpha's.

"Scott, if it was you she would have seen you." Stiles sighed.

Asher still wanted to run, to just turn away and find a place to hide from it all. And for some reason the place she had in mind was Isaac Lahey, and that frightened her too. She wanted to tell him. How could she, though? It was becoming increasingly obvious that she now had feelings for the blue eyed boy but she couldn't shake the feeling that it was too early to create any sort of label. She was afraid of hurting him.

"I gotta admit you are handling this pretty amazingly, not like there's a lycanthropy for beginners class you can take," Stiles added, looking at his best friend as they walked. Parker breezed past the trio on his way to his locker and caught his sister's arm as he walked.

He pulled her over to his locker and leaned in close, "We need to talk."

The girl nodded, wondering what could be so bad that she couldn't share it with her twin.

"How do you know Derek Hale? And don't lie to me, Asher."

She looked over her shoulder and saw no sign of Cordelia or Haven.

Tell him, it's okay. He already knows enough to be involved by proxy.

Coraline was right, of course she could trust Parker. But she feared that telling him would put him in danger. But he obviously knew something already if he was asking about Derek. And Stiles had admitted to telling him everything, as he was always the first one to notice when something wasn't right with the twins. Their father worked so much they could hide anything from him, but not Parker.

"I wouldn't say I know him. But he does know me, apparently. Where is this coming from?" She asked.

"Derek came into the clinic and started asking me all kinds of questions about you and Stiles. He was asking about Harley, even Isaac and Eli—then he said something about you and Stiles being the only people on Beacon Hills that can help stop the alpha. What the hell are you guys into? Why can't it just be D&D? Please tell me it's D&D and that you aren't in any danger and you've all been messing with me."

She reached up and scratched behind her ear and gave her brother a guilty half smile.

"So all that stuff Stiles said about witches and werewolves—"

"All true. And, uh, we're trying to get it figured out but you can't be involved." She said quickly.

"Why not?"