The Creation of a Counterpart

My name is Tyler. I had no idea. That the creation of an album, my own album, could wake people. Provoke them. That it could make them see what I saw. In fact, I had no idea everyone else was dealing with the same thing. See, there are people in this world diagnosed with a disorder of the mind of some sort, a disease, if you will. This diagnosis, or label, is called depression. I knew that depression hung around a lot of people on earth. Of course I knew that. But, I had no idea that they all were so depressed for the same variant. Like me. This theory, in which proven true, is called the "Blurryface Effect." We'll learn about this later. Now for how this possibly could've come into place.

I woke up. I sat up off of the floor and brushed myself off. What had possibly happened? I had no memory of anything that could have caused me to fall directly off my loft bed, and on to the floor. It was quite a fall. I must've done it in my sleep, but why hadn't it woken me up? I was the lightest sleeper ever, that was for sure. But somehow I hadn't woken up from it. I knew I must've fallen. My back crackled as I stretched. It was sore. I had bruises all over me. Weird.

As I rubbed my neck in a dazed confusion I heard something impure, and foul. A cackling sound that sent putrid disturbances down your spine.

What the heck?!