Not Today

We got out of the car.

We walked to the door, him opening it and holding it for me.

"Ladies first" he grinned.

"Oh shut up!" I hit him lightly.

We walked up the stairs, and I ran ahead, knowing he hid the key under the mat. I opened the door and held it for him this time.

"Ladies first" I smirked.

"... Shut up!" He punched me loosely.

We ran into the room and immediately pounced for the couch. I sat on the end, and he sat practically on top of me.

All this room to sit, and Josh is right next to me.

(Author's commentary: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°))

"I have all this room on a couch this bug, and your sitting right next to me"
I stated my thoughts.

He laughed lightly, throwing his head back.

He gave me an inch more space.

"There. You good?"

"Yeah. I'm good."

"How's your bonker doing up there?"

"Oh, my head? Oh yeah he's- I'm- I'm fine. Yeah I'm doing okay."

"Good. Prepare for the epic-osity of Netflix!!"

"Aww yeaah!! Netflix!" I said half enthusiastically, half sarcastically.

"Great sarcasm, I sense in this one!!" He said, standing up on the couch dramatically, pointing at me with theatric effect.

"Then defeat you, I must!!" I said, getting to my own feet.

We clashed pillow sabers at each other in attempt to duel like the inner Jedi in ourselves.

"Look out!! Sith Lord ambush!!" I exclaimed, pointing at the cat now entering the room.

"Together we now must join forces to defeat the dark side among us! Forget our differences and push our past passed us. Attaaccckkk!!"

We pelted the poor cat with a shower of goose feathers, until she soon came bounding up the stairs hiding into the room, fearing our ruthless comeback.

We sat back down on the couch, flustered, and out of breath.

"What to watch now?" Josh was now wide eyed and his hair was messier than ever.

"I dunno."

"Hey. That voice still isn't bugging you is he? Your not gonna go away and leave me are you? Please don't die on me man, you have no idea what that'd do to me. You won't do that will you?"

"Not today." I said quietly.

"You promise? I can count on you at least for tonight?"

"Not today." I rephrased.