3

RODDY POV

Well lemme ask you this

Since all these niggas are the same, and they want one thing, am I already on that list?
I ain't saying take me off of it, me and that list can co-exist.
Cause I understand as a woman, you gotta move that way, cause niggas move like this.

"Roddy" My mom said walking in my room, as I was writing a new poem, and I blinked a few times looking up at her saying "Yeah?"

She came over my place and cooked. That's just how my mama is. She's extra loving and everything.

"You working at the store today?" She asked.

"Yeah, afternoon shift" I said.

She then nodded her head and sat on the edge of my bed, looking at me. "Who's the young lady that had dinner with all of us, and you hired to work at the store? I feel bad because I forgot her name but we all know I'm getting old." She said.

I chuckled.

"Her name is Xylo" I said.

"How'd you find her?" My mom asked.

I shook my head and closed my journal saying "That's a long story. But she a coo girl, just lost."

"Which I understand. I was lost too at her age." My mom said. I told her when they first met that she was 17.

"So I'm just helping out here. That's all" I said.

My mom grabbed my chin and said "You always been so kind"

"Like you taught me" I said and she kissed my forehead.

"Well, let me get on home. I made some baked chicken and asparagus for you though, it's wrapped up on your stove." My mom said.

"Appreciate cha mama, thank you" I said.

"No problem" She said.

"Lemme walk you out" I said, as I got out of my bed and slide my nike slides on real quick.

-

XYLO POV