4

RODDY POV

Two months later

"Fuck" I mumbled as I was in the car, writing in my journal.

I been working on this poem for the past two months and I'm still not done with it. It's either writer's block, or no inspiration.

Well lemme ask you this...
Since all these niggas are the same, and they want one thing, am I already on that list?
I ain't saying take me off of it, me and that list can co-exist.
Cause I understand as a woman, you gotta move that way, cause niggas move like this.

"Hmm." I mumbled as I rubbed my face.

I sat my pen down on the journal and just shook my head, slightly frustrated.

I seen all these kids playing outside, whether it was basketball, double Dutch, anything of that nature.

Seen niggas chillin, smoking.

Seen girls walking together.

Then I looked and seen Xylo, and I instantly sat up.

I haven't seen Xylo in two whole months since that incident with Filthy.

And seeing her made me feel bad. I did not wanna leave her there, but I had to.

"Xylo.." I mumbled as I just watched her.

I didn't even know if I should even approach her or not. It's been two months and she's probably upset with me.

Or maybe not, she knows if I would've tried to take her with me that night, Filthy would've killed us both. I had to do what I had to do, to protect both of us.

I got out of the car, and closed it before locking it. I looked at Xylo, and started walking over to her, taking a deep breath.

Preparing myself for that attitude for sure, because I know she gone have one. And I understand it.

"Xylo" I said walking up to her and she looked over at me.

Her eyes widened before she looked me up and down and scoffed.

"Look, we need to talk" I said to her.

"I ain't got shit to say to you" She said about to walk off but I grabbed her hand. She looked down at my hand and scrunched her eyebrows as if she was surprised or something.

"Let's talk please" I said.

She looked at me for a moment and said "What is it?" Before slowly moving her hand away from mine.

"Haven't seen you in a while. How you holding up?" I asked.

"Doing what I can." She said.

"Still selling product?" I asked.

"Duh. I have to." She said and I sighed.

"I didn't wanna leave you Xylo." I said.

"But you did." She said back.

I smacked my lips.

"Look- That's the way it works in the game and you know that. Filthy made it clear if I tried to take you, he woulda killed us both right then and there, on the spot." I said.

"Whatever man. I know how it works and that's why you should've just left me alone to begin with. But you came into my life tryna be Superman. I actually believed you was gone help me and then you left. I never asked you for nothing. And that's what I got for trusting you. NOTHING." Xylo said and I just looked at her.

"Why don't you just get up outta here before Filthy comes out? I got work to do." She added before she walked off.

I sighed in frustration as I just watched her walk off.

I don't know what it is but something in me just wants to help this girl. She's 17, and lost. All because of Filthy raising her WRONG after her mom died.

Her father in jail and she just has no guidance whatsoever. Now I ain't tryna be her dad, I'm just trying to get a young beautiful woman like her to see that she should be living a better life than this.

Once she got far enough where I couldn't see her anymore, I sighed and started walking back to my car.

I opened the car door and got in, just thinking.

I grabbed my journal and opened it as I suddenly started getting more thoughts for my poem.

And I started writing it down.

You just keeping your soul guarded
Cause it's always getting bruised
But what if I told you that in the end
It's the purest hearts that never lose
Cause it's one thing to lose what they don't know
Cause they only ever really had clues of her
But to know Heaven and then get casted out
Is a pain only known to Lucifer

I then sat my pen down and thought about that night.

Flashback

"Come on man, we had a deal. I said she had to work for me for a few weeks." I said.

"And I said nevermind." Filthy said.

I looked at him for a second and chuckled. Then I pushed past him and got to Xylo, grabbing her arm and saying "Come on"

Then all Filthy's boys started pulling out their guns and me and Xylo stopped in our tracks, and I looked at Filthy.

"You know we boys Roddy. So I think you really need to think about this shit. You a nigga that got something to lose. Pivot boy." He said to me.

"Come on, let her go Filthy. She's a girl and she's fuckin 17. You been having her do this shit since she was 12." Filthy said.

"Can't do that man, you know how this shit work! She's my best seller. You need to understand that. I'm just waiting on you to leave nigga. You don't have juice, like yo brother did. That was my boy. He would understand this." Filthy said.

I shook my head taking a deep breath as I put my hands on Xylo's shoulders. I didn't wanna leave her here, and I could she didn't want me to leave either.

"Roddy, look here." Filthy said pulling his gun out. "Xylo's mine. She works for me. Not anyone else." He added, before one of the guys grabbed her and shoved her on the couch roughly.

Flashback over

I then started the car up, and immediately drove off. Now I was irritated.

I feel like I'm in a predicament wheres there literally nothing I can do.

Nothing.

-

☕️