𝜗𝜚 chapter five 𝜗𝜚

just sing it my babe, bigger than you ever did, cause we don't have much time to enjoy

--

May 13th 2021

-

When Amilia arrived back it was quarter to twelve, later than she expected. She was also expected Charlotte to be sat on the couch in the living room but she was fast asleep in her room, so the events of last night were the mornings story.

"Okay, what! Rewind, please." her friend intervened. "He carried you. To the beach?! And you spoke for hours?! And you kissed him?! On the cheek?!!" Charlotte was, well, gobsmacked, to say the least.

All Amilia could do was nod with a massive grin on her face. "Yup." she said smugly.

"Could he hook me up with one of his friends or what? Cause like, damn!" she repeats from before. If Amilia was in her position she would be extremely shocked as well. That man is almost too good to be true.

-
Charles: Good morning x
i'll be down at the cafe in 30 if you want to meet
you can bring Charlotte too

Amilia: morningggg x
could you bring a friend of yours for her?
she's desperate
someone extroverted preferably

Charles: i know someone exactly like that x

-
"Okay so, double date secured." Amilia smiles at her friend. She only receives a confused face in return. "Charles is going down to the cafe in thirty minutes and he's bringing a friend. Go get ready!"

"What!! You could've told me this sooner. I look a riot!" he friend complains as she scurried into her room.

Thirty minutes later they were both ready and out of the door. Magically, Charlotte managed to fix herself up in such a short time. She usually takes thirty minutes to do her makeup and then an extra twenty doing her hair.

"Are you excited?" Amilia asks Charlotte.

"Super!" she squeals, scrunching her nose and smiling all goofy.

They arrived at the cafe just a little bit late- twenty minutes late to be exact, they found a cat and couldn't just leave it- an found Charles and his friend sitting at the table closer to the door.

As she walked in, the bell on the door rung, and out came Maria. Charlotte hadn't met her yet so Amilia introduced her as her best friend.

Maria introduced herself to Charlotte and they exchanged hovering cheek kisses. The lady asked us if we wanted a drink and Amilia spoke for them both, ordering two iced lattes.

They made their way towards the table and Amilia found Charles already looking at her, smiling.

Charles and his friend stood up. He introduced him as Max Verstappen, the extrovert, like she had asked for. Amilia looked at her friend and found her already grinning like crazy at this man.

They all sat down and Maria came over with a tray and our drinks. Amilia stood up to go pay but Maria ushered her to sit down saying that Charles would pay for it. She turned around and found Charles still grinning.

"Thank you, Charles." she happily said. He shook his head as to say no worries.

"Okay so, i've kind of been hiding something from you, but I thought i'd just tell you straight on." Charles began. Amilia became growingly anxious. "We're not engineers in Formula one."