𝜗𝜚 chapter seven 𝜗𝜚

the police are at your door, turns out the killer was your neighbour

May 14th 2021

Amilia began walking up an empty street. That feeling became more and more apparent. Her heart began thumping as she turned her head to see someone following her.

Is he following her? Are they going the same way? What does he look like? Should she be scared? Would she be able to fight him if she had to? Could she outrun him if she tried?

A million and one questions ran through her mind when the sound of cars became louder. A wave of relief swept over her heart as the beating slowed down. She looked back again and he wasn't there this time. She must've been overreacting.

Amilia found herself about to cross a road, waiting for the next car to pass, when she felt an aura next to her. It was the man from Maria's.

He looked down on her and smirked. "I couldn't help but notice how beautiful you were back then." he mentioned.

"Oh, uhm, thanks." she said bluntly, keeping her gaze fixed on the floor.

"Could i get your number, please? Id like to ask you out on a date." he spoke again.

"Uh, no, sorry. I've got a boyfriend." the girl had to lie. He needs to go away.

"He doesn't have to know." his grin increases. Amilia says nothing as she's frozen in place. A loud honk returns her into the current situation and she decides to cross the road quickly to remove herself from the guys' presence.

Amilia begins to pick up her pace, occasionally turning her head back to see if he was still following. He was.

She whips out her phone at light speed and texts the only person who could maybe get her out of this situation.

Amilia: where are you
can you please come to me
i need you to be here
please answer
i need your help
please

At this point she had circled the whole town already. Her hands have become so incredibly sweaty she almost drops her phone texting the last message.

Charles: are you okay?
where are you?
i'll come to you
text me where you are

Amilia sighs in relief and finds the nearest sign she can to give him some idea as to where she is. A bench is nearby so she sits and waits patiently, bouncing her leg up and down anxiously, darting her head around to look for his car.

Amilia: please charles i'm scared
please be faster
please

The man from before starts walking towards her, still grinning. Her heart drops as he sits down on the bench with her, on the opposite end. Slowly, he slides closer and closer to her.

"Why did you walk away so rudely? I only asked for your number?" the man says confusingly. He thinks that he's the victim here, not her.

"Sor-" she stops herself, why is she apologising? "My boyfriend is on the way, so could you please stop talking to me?" she asks pleadingly.

The man slides even closer, now their knees are touching. "And I said he doesn't have to know. It's not a big deal." he sits even closer now, and their thighs are touching.

Amilia has no space to move, or breathe, and the only thing she can smell is his cologne, cigarettes, and alcohol.

"Come one, sweetheart. Give me your number." he laughs. He lifts his arm and Amilia flinches, thinking he's going to hit her, but instead he wraps his arm around her neck, pulling her in closer. She shuts her eyes tight, just hoping for her saviour to come any second now.

And, as if on cue, Charles voice is heard shouting her name.

"Amilia?" he sounds worried. She sits up and opens her eyes wide to see Charles in gym wear sweating, huffing, and puffing. "Who the hell is this guy, eh?" he gestures his hand towards him.

Swiftly, the man removes his arm from her neck and stands up to meet Charles face to face, although a few feet apart.

Charles makes eye contact with Amilia and mouths are you okay? She shakes her head no and and nods in understanding. He lifts his hand as if saying, i've got this, relax.

"Oh, so you're the boyfriend?" the man's slurs.

"I am." Charles answers. He wants this man gone and gone now.

"Fine." he looks back to Amilia, and holds his hands up in defeat. "You win, or whatever." the man stumbles away into the horizon, probably off to another bar for some more daylight drinking.

As he walks away, Amilias eyes begin to water. Her lip quivers and a tear falls down her cheek. Charles hurriedly makes his way to her. He brings her into a strong embrace, her head on his chest and his chin on the top of her head.

He pulls away to look at her. Her mascara has smudged. She felt this so she raises her shaking hand to wipe it.

"Follow me." Charles says. He takes her hand and quickly leads her towards his parked car. He opens the door for her and ushers her to sit down. The man makes his way into the drivers seat and off they went, to wherever Charles was taking them.

The whole ride was silence filled with the mix of the radio and Amilias sniffs and soft cries.

Charles parked his car infront of this beautiful, grand house. He stepped out the car and made his way over to her side, opening the door for her.

"Come on." he said as he took her hand, guiding her into the house. She took in all of the things in his place, like the grande piano and all of the big paintings.

Where he had guided her was a bathroom. "I'll run a bath for you, and there's a few skincare-y things in that cupboard there, from what my mum leaves when she comes round." he smiles and maintains soft eye contact. She nods and he leaves after turning on the bath

Amilia takes one good look at herself after he left. Her mascara smudged down to her mid cheeks, and her other makeup melted off. She rummages the cupboard in search for any type of make up remover and begins taking it off slowly.

While she does that she thinks about what just happened. The man. The way Charles so easily stood up for her. And now she's standing in his bathroom, in his house, about to have a bath, whilst using his mums skincare. A lot to pack in.

She finishes taking off her makeup and begins to strip to make her way into the now full bath. Its warm sensation relaxes her almost instantly.

"I'll leave clean clothes outside the door." Charles says from the other side.

"Thank you." the girls croaky voice echoes in the room.

She closes her eyes and fully takes in the moment. Pure relaxation.

(A/N)

okay guys this wasn't even planned so like HA

anyway school sleep and this cold (ive only barely recovered from) has been kicking my arse which is a main reason as to why i've not been updating 🤧🤧

pls do not have any expectations that i'll be updating every single day because i guarantee it will not happen 😝 

okay love yous 🤞🫶🏻