𝜗𝜚 chapter nine 𝜗𝜚

there's a warmth, in the coldness of the room

May 14th 2021

The loud ringing rudely interrupted their heated moment. The man picked up the phone and placed it to his ear, answering it.

"Bonjour?" he answers. He nods his head and hums an approving noise. "Ah, sorry, sorry." Charles chuckles. "Yes, okay. Bye now." Charles hangs up the phone and places it on the counter top. "It was my trainer. He wondered where I ran off to." he explains.

Amilia looks down at her feet, "Sorry, about that." she apologises.

"Nonsense, it wasn't your fault." he reassures her.  Amilia faced her head downwards, growing more and more embarrassed. He notices this and quickly changes the subject to something nicer. "My clothes are a bit big on you. Is that okay?" he laughs.

"Yeah, it's fine. I like over sized things, plus it smells nice." she admits. The tense atmosphere dissipates as it now becomes warm and soft. "This is gonna sound weird, but, what detergent do you use?"

Her face is dead pan whilst his is a strong smile.

"I'm being serious though! It does smell really nice." she back up her question.

"I'll show you." he laughs. "You know, out of all of the questions i've been asked, that's never been one of them."

"What can i say? I love to be original."

"Thank you Charles, for today. For everything." she motions to the clothes she's wearing.

"Don't worry about it, Amilia. Rest well and i'll see you soon, yeah." the driver smiles.

"Of course." the girl reaches for the handle of the door of the car and step out. She lightly closes it- too scared to scratch it- and walks towards her door. She turns to face him and waves. He waves back, and off she went inside.

A loud roar of an engine could be heard as Charles drives away in his expensive car.

Amilia is greeted with a cold, empty house. She walks towards her door to her bedroom and collapses into her bed as soon as she got close enough.

She tilts her head to the side to be able to breathe and starts thinking about her supposed-to-be uneventful day.

Although a lot had happened only one thing was stuck in her head.

They nearly kissed.

Damn Charles' trainer, he ruined what would've been one of her nicest kiss in a long time.

It was around eleven o'clock when she had left and it was now one o'clock. Meaning, the whole ordeal lasted around two hours. It felt a lot shorter, though.

Defeated, Amilia took off her makeup and decided to have a nap, knowing she'll probably regret it later.

A strong gust of wind awoke the girl. She sat up with her hair in her face, stuck to her forehead and neck by sweat, and marks on her cheeks from her sheets and pillows.

She looks out of her window and she notices that the sun has just began to set. She lifts her phone off her bedside table and quickly realised it's eight o'clock! She had missed the entire day.

Although, to be frank, her morning was full enough of drama to drain her small amount of energy for the day.

Amilia's stomach rumbled loudly, making itself apparent. She had also quickly realised she hadn't eaten since around quarter to one. She stumbles to leave her room and makes her way to the kitchen.