Twenty-Two

Sean's POV

"You look amazing," I breathed out as I watched Truce walk towards me. 

We spent the whole day together, talking, napping, cuddling. It was fucking perfect. He told me all that happened with Dae and how the conversation went. Knowing that she's gay too is fucking surprising. Maybe I'll invest in her acting career. Then he had to leave because he didn't have any nice clothes to wear for tonight. He also decided to pack a bag and bring other clothes with him. 

I had only ever seen him in suits or sweats, but seeing him in dark wash fitted jeans, a red long-sleeve sweater, and a black coat. His hair was freshly flat-ironed and hung around his face perfectly. And it was all brought together with black loafers.

My mate was the hottest man alive.

"I'm dressed normally, what are you talking about?" Truce tried to seem unaffected by my compliment but I saw his cheeks heat up. He went to adjust his coat and that's when I saw a flash of color on his hands.

I reached out and grabbed one and looked down. He painted his nails again. They were black, but they were still gorgeous.

"Is this why you took so long? Your hands look so pretty like this," I whispered as I ran my thumb across his fingers.

I don't know why but something clicked last night. Maybe it was because Yuna was yelling at me to kick it in gear and be the alpha that I was born to be. Even though I feel less than that. I'm no alpha. I just have the blood. But that doesn't mean I can't use it to my advantage. Hence this morning when I was 'so tired' I 'accidentally' found myself cuddling with him.

I didn't feel bad about it at all. It worked.

"You look nice too, I guess." Truce kept his eyes down, and now his cheeks were a bright flaming red. I chuckled at his shyness, I could tell Truce wasn't one to just give compliments so him saying that must have been huge.

"Look at me," I made my voice a little deeper and he immediately listened. Yuna purred in approval. I was still holding his hands in mine as we stood in the doorway of the garage. "You think I look good?"

Truce nodded slowly, and the red on his cheeks spread to his neck. His eyes went from mine and trailed my frame. I was wearing brown pants and a cream-colored sweater. To me I looked regular but whatever Truce was thinking...I guess I didn't.

"You--you always do." Truce shrugged still not looking at me. 

The urge to kiss him grew with each second we stood there. The only thing holding me back was the simple fact that I didn't know how to. I'm sure it's as easy as it looks but I wanted our first kiss to be good. Memorable.

"Come on, we gotta go before Ria calls and yells at me." I reluctantly pulled away and grabbed my keys, the roses I bought, and the bear Truce bought for Milan. I opened the garage and instead of my truck, I decided to drive the Jaguar. 

I walked to the passenger side and opened it for Truce and he just looked at me and rolled his eyes. But I saw the small smile on his face he tried to hide.

"I'll hold her stuff." He grabbed the things and held them as I walked around to the other side and got in.

Since Milan was in an actual Ballet Company, this show was going to be filled to the brim with not only family but others watching. My only worry was that all the people would see Truceson and recognize him and then make him not want to be seen with me in a physical way...I know how humans get about such things. It was weird.