Chapter Fifty One: Fields of Gold

51. Fields of Gold

03-23-2024

A/N: Yayyy I'm back on schedule! I'm also a lot better now, so I'll be fine writing chapters for you guys!

Thank you for your patience and kindness :*(〃∇〃人)*:

Q: You guys ever look at some of your old work and think "WOW, I PEAKED HERE" or "WOW, THIS IS SHIT" ? That's how I'm feeling these days with some chapters and my other fics that are collectijg dust in my WIPs. This is normal, right?

-----

"Woooow, I'm really flying in the sky!"

"Quit yapping like a little kid and look around, lioness."

"I told you a million times by now that I'm not a lioness!"

You and your friends were in the middle of searching high and low for signs of oil and possible food. You were on the ground with Ukyo and Chrome, while Kohaku was with Senku and Ryusui. She had volunteered in your place to keep them from arguing like children over you, which you were grateful for. Unfortunately, Senku and her were arguing instead.

"We needed you or (Y/N) on board for your acute eyesight, Kohaku! Otherwise, I would've wanted to ride for sure!" Chrome groaned into the phone he carried on his back.

"The ground survey team also has a really important job!" Ukyo mentioned.

"Since the possibility isn't zero, we should be able to find the oil using this method," you commented. "Senku will also make a map from up there. It'll be like traveling across a map in a video game!"

From over the phone, you heard Senku reply to you, "Exactly! We'll be discovering new treasure points on the map as we go, slowpoke!"

Then you heard Ryusui speak, "Hmm, sure that'd be great and all...but you know what'd be really great?! If we found some food! ...wait a minute--"

You then saw Ukyo perking his head up as your group followed the hot-air balloon. He looked in a certain direction and spotted something moving in the distance. Equipping an arrow in his hand, he grinned as he pointed his bow directly at one of his targets. "It's a wild goat herd! Looks like an older one lost its way! My apologies, we will be truly grateful for this, as you have my thanks. We shall eat you and let none of you go to waste."

He shot the arrow and struck the goat down from the mountain. All of you ran cautiously to go obtain its body from the river it fell in.

"Rest in peace, old goat," you stated as you helped the boys carry the dead animal. "By the way, since we're going to he working together more often, I'd like to know more about you, Ukyo. Where'd you learn to shoot?"

He responded earnestly, "I learned in high school and was a part of the archery club. I didn't think it would come in handy, but I'm glad that I'm able to put the skills to use now."

"But that's not what you were revived for, was it?" You asked with genuine curiosity.

"Yes, I wasn't revived just for that skill. Since I was a part of the S.D.F Navy, I was relied on for intel gathering and my hearing since I worked as a sonar technician. That's what Minami told me anyways," he explained to you.

You then told him, "Man, I can't imagine achieving all of that. How old are you anyways?"

"I'm twenty-five..." he sighed with a shy smile.