Chapter Fifty Two: The Pro Chef

52. The Pro Chef

03-30-2024

A/N: A little bit late but still on the date! Had to prepare for Easter and stuff today, so I was busy!

Q: If you were to go on a date, what kind of date would you want? Where would you want to go?

-----

"UGH, I WANT IT!"

You placed your fingers on the bridge of your nose and told the man, "Ryusui-san, I know you want a pro chef, but it's not like we have any extra revival fluid just sitting around."

"Yeah. I can make some out of feces, but it'll take awhile. Maybe a few months..." Senku added with a snicker, finding the sailor's distress hilarious.

"NO! I WANT IT NOW!" The blonde man babbled like a baby with his hands balled in fists. You just looked at him in disbelief. "I'll be the one to find at least enough of the revival formula for one person!"

The scientist looked at him with amusement. "Oh yeah? And how are you going to do that, moron? We don't have any of the necessary nitric acid."

"Calling him a 'moron,' Senku? You've really stooped that low?" you covered your mouth to hold back a laugh.

"Hmph, however," the sailor's face suddenly twisted into a look of immense greed and annoyance, "there's a bad guy holding some back without giving us a clue about it!"

"'Bad guy'...? No matter how you look at it, you're the bad guy! Just look at your face!" Chrome cried out as he pointed at the man.

"No matter! We need to call that reporter!" The man declared as he started heading toward the phone. He grabbed the mic and dialed the device, then grinned widely when he heard someone pick up. "Reporter! I need the left over revival formula that you're carrying!"

You and the others came up to the phone as you listened to their conversation. Hearing Minami's voice, she answered him, "Revival formula? There's no way I'd have something like that!"

"Don't play dumb! You're the one in charge of selecting who gets revived, so there should be plenty of chances for you to nick enough for one person! To which you revive and get info out of them, that's your lifeline! And I WANT IT! NOBODY CAN STAND AGAINST MY PASSION!" Ryusui argued with her with a determined look on his face. "Only I, the greediest man in the world, can see that you're hiding it!"

You had sweat dripping down your temples as you heard him continue to talk to her that way. "You'd think he'd try to be a little more convincing, considering he is a womanizer."

"As he says, he's the greediest man alive. But he's totally losing it," said Senku as he crossed his arms.

Chrome added, "I guess that's how badly he wants a pro chef, huh..."

"EHH, SERIOUSLY?! YOU'RE REALLY GOING TO MAKE THAT, SENKU-CHAN?!" You heard a familiar voice call out from the other line.

You started giggling as almost everyone on your side was shocked. Always leave it up to the mentalist to handle the underhanded stuff. With his wits, Gen reeled her into getting to do Ryusui's bidding just by using her desire through science.

"Fine! I've only got this one treasured portion! Where are you doing to find some three-star chef to wake up?" She questioned.

With a satisfied grin, the sailor replied, "The one we're waking up is Francois! If it's Francois, we can move quickly, since we were together during the petrification."

"Understood! We'll head out right away! But you better get what I want in the end!" Minami hollered before she hung up.

The blonde man then turned to all of you with content. He puffed his chest out as though he just won the greatest battle he had ever faced. With an act like that, you found it to be childish and not charming at all.