Chapter Fifty Three: Snapshot

53. Snapshot

04-06-2024

A/N: GUYS, look at the quick drawing my friend/editor (calling her Noodle again) made for this fic using her interpretation of the MC (`;ω;') isn't it beautiful??? The way she drew the Gen outfit makes her look like a martial artist! AHH I love her art.

ANYWAYS, please don't take it for use, this is my friend's drawing for this fic ONLY. If you guys decide to make art or something, I'll also put it in the spotlight as long as you DM me.

Q: You guys ever feel picky when it comes to fanfics?

-----

"Just who is the one to thank for making that incredible bread?"

"Francois~!"

"WRONG!"

After the creation of Stollen thanks to Francoi's handiwork, the butler had taken their time to create bread identical to that of modern civilization. All of you ate the different types of bread to your heart's content and much to your happiness. But the only person who had an issue with this was Minami Hokutozai.

"Well, no, Francois should also be thanked, but IT'S BECAUSE I GAVE UP MY PRECIOUS REVIVAL FORMULA!" The reporter cried out. "You said we'd make it part of a trade! I haven't forgotten that!"

"Right, right...kukuku, that mouth of yours is really too much, mentalist," Senku said with a chuckle.

"Well, I just got carried away and promised. You can make it, right, Senku-chan?" Gen slyly replied with his hands hiding in his sleeves.

You and the others were a bit confused, since Gen didn't exactly tell you what was needed to be made. Your partner then continued, "I'll need some detailed craftsmanship, so I want master artisan Kaseki."

"It'll take awhile for him to get here on foot. Should Taiju carry him over here?" You asked as you talked into the mic.

You then heard Kaseki answering back through the phone, "After I parted with Senku and the rest of you, just how much time do you think I've had? Don't underestimate an artisan!"

With that, he hung up with Minami. That left everybody confused now. But since there was time to wait, everyone else left to do their jobs--Francois with making bread, Kohaku, Ukyo, and Ryusui to continue exploring to find resources, and Gen going off to follow you and Senku into the lab.

"Before old man Kaseki comes over here to do the construction, we can do the science work right away," the scientist started. He propped a stone tray onto the table as Chrome came into the hut with a few liquid materials. "We're going to be mixing together sodium hydroxide, silver, and ammonia. Sound familiar yet?"

"Silver...ammonia..." you wondered as you thought long and hard. It sounded pretty familiar to you, but you had a hard time figuring it out. Suddenly, the mentalist stepped out from the lab and started shining a beam into your eyes. You took your arms to guard them from the blinding light. "Ah, Gen, what the hell?!"