Chapter THIRTY THREE - Threads and Ribbons

(NSFW warning - please do not read if you should not / do not want to. <3 Scene to ensue the entire chapter so feel free to skip to the next. You know what's happening here.)

(take a moment to breathe. - normal the kid)

(you can listen to either the instrumental or original version (linked here) depending on your reading preference - both are equally as beautiful and connected to the chapter in their own way)

The fear I'd felt only moments ago slipped between his fingers and drifted along my jaw. The tears that had begun to drown my heart pressed into my skin before he'd even had a moment to register them. The pounding of my heart lit a spark and flamed beneath my ribs and I clung to it as if I wouldn't burn within its flickering strokes.

In this moment, with this decision, with him

I felt infinite 

I felt free

for the first time in a long time.

A relief stripped from my lungs and bound to each brush of his lips on mine.

I could tell, in some small way, Sebastian could feel it too as the heat of our embrace turned frenzied and full. The weight of Sebastian's chest against mine grew as he pressed my back further into the wall. His hands brushed against my neck, over my shoulders, along my ribs and then settled on my waist, my hips. The heat of them there sent splitting aches through my heart and down my stomach.

"Atley." His voice hoarse and moaning between kisses. "Atley."

I knew what they meant.

He wanted to pull back, wanted to slow down to honor his word in the Room. Our embrace so heated that the draw to one another seemed impossible to split solitarily. It would have to be a mutually agreed upon separation and my soul wanted no such thing.

"Sebastian."

Another gritted moan of my name.

"Please Atley."

I could feel his restraint loosening with every kiss though his hold on me only tightened - a physical barrier for himself.

"Do you want to continue?" I held his face close, lips lingering.

"Of bloody course I do but... You- you need-"

"I need you Sebastian."

And I did. Something had snapped deep within, a fragile fear broken and splintered into every bone.

If something were to go wrong with the extraction, if I were truly to be a danger as I knew I'd always been... my decision was set, but my heart still ached with possibility.

What if I failed.

What if it killed me?

The Devil inside starved of life, of breath, of more

of him.

I needed him.

I needed his air in my lungs,

his skin on mine.

I needed this moment - our moment - close and secure.

A fraction of a forever I may never have.