𝟏 ... we're all unhinged

☼ ☽ ✩

☼ ☽ ✩

𝟏 ... 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐮𝐧𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝

☼ ☽ ✩

The hospital bed is cold beneath me. The smell of chemicals lingers in the air, and nurses and doctors hustle through the hallway, but despite the somber effect the hospital provides, I can't stop giggling.

"You have to stop laughing or I'm never going to get these stitches out," the nurse grumbles as he attempts to hold my head steady in his grasp, his finger grazing over the rough line of stitches above my eyebrow.

"I just can't believe you got a tattoo!" I move my head again, craning to see the flower bouquet painted above Mark's elbow. "You threw a hissy fit when I got my first one done."

"Because you were eighteen and it was a dinosaur," Mark sighs, gently redirecting my head back to where he needs it. "Please hold still, or I am going to accidentally stab you in the eye."

I grin at the dark-skinned nurse. "But then you would have to deal with that problem, and you're always complaining that I have enough issues as it is."

"You need to be more careful." Mark narrows his eyes at my forehead, finally able to start removing my stitches now that I've stopped squirming. "I would prefer to see you less often."

"Aw, I know you love me." I snigger when Mark sighs again. Since I was young, I have been prone to what I call 'happy accidents.' Mark's been treating me for years, and I enjoy poking fun at him more than I should. He just makes it so easy.

"I watched your white-water rafting video," Mark converses as he snips the threads of my stitches. "The fact that you acted so nonchalantly when your head was gushing blood is highly concerning."

I scoff, wincing slightly when Mark tugs on my stitches to remove them. "It was not gushing. It was slightly trickling."

"Tell that to the five stitches in your head." Mark gently cleans my forehead where the stitches resided for the last two weeks. "I never would have thought that your injuries would ever go viral."

"What can I say, people find me amusing," I shrug, grinning when Mark shakes his head at me in disbelief.

"You're an interesting girl, Logan." Mark smooths adhesive strips over the fading wound in my forehead. "Keep it taped for the next five days, and keep it clean and dry. Come back in if it gets worse."

"I know the drill." I hop off the hospital bed, flashing Mark a bright smile. "I expect you to have another tattoo by the time I'm back."