Roles reversed

Erito woke up to an unfamiliar alarm clock blaring loudly, disorienting him from his usual slumber. Confused, he scanned the room, noticing that this wasn't his familiar living space.

Erito: (thought) An alarm? I don't have an alarm clock... And this room is not mine.

He rose from the bed, eyeing the closet and the extravagant clothes hanging within, clearly more upscale than anything he owned.

Erito: These clothes... They're too fancy for me.

Stepping out of the room, Erito caught sight of a lavish home, a far cry from his usual modest dwelling. His mom, or rather someone who appeared like his mom, handed him breakfast and his school lunch in a peculiar, monotone manner.

Erito: (thought) This isn't how mom acts... Has she, too, fallen into the same repetitive loop that I've been experiencing? Where life stagnates and never changes?

He contemplated his situation, thoughts flitting to the previous reality where he and Akari were together. A slight blush colored his cheeks at the memory, but he quickly pushed aside those emotions, focusing on his current dilemma.

Erito: (thought) I want to go back, to see my dad again. I was much happier there. I need to find a way out of this cycle.

Resigned to enduring the day in this strange reality, Erito grabbed his breakfast and headed towards a luxurious car parked outside, an oddity that belonged to Akari's family.

Erito: (thought) Why does my family have Akari's driver and car?

Upon arriving at school, the usual stares and whispers from his peers made him feel out of place. He attempted to enter what he thought was his advisory classroom.

Random Teacher: (irritated) This isn't your advisory. Get out of my classroom, or I'm calling the principal.

Erito: Okay, okay, I'm leaving.

Feeling completely out of his element, Erito navigated through the school corridors, filled with uncertainty about this reality that seemed so far removed from his usual routine.

He walks around and bumps into Akari

Before with Akari.

Akari stirred from her sleep, surprised by her mother's unusually warm and chirpy demeanor.

Akari: Mother, what's going on?

Akari's mother: Sweetheart, it's time for school. Hurry up, breakfast is ready for you. Don't be late!

Akari couldn't help but notice the stark contrast in her mother's behavior. Normally reserved and monotone, this new, animated side of her was perplexing.

As Akari readied herself, she dressed in a more relaxed version of her usual attire. She quickly devoured breakfast, surprised at how much better it tasted compared to the meals at her own home.

She set off for school, unfamiliar with the route, and relied on Loggio Maps for directions. The walk was unfamiliar, but she navigated through the streets, arriving at the school gates.

Entering the school premises, she felt a sense of relief as nobody seemed to give her strange looks due to her unique eyes. However, she found it odd that some students approached her, asking her out, which wasn't something she was accustomed to.

Akari: (thought) Finally, I'm not attracting unwanted attention because of my eyes... But this is strange; why are people suddenly interested in me?

As she continued through the school halls, trying to find her advisory, she encountered a teacher who informed her that she was in the wrong classroom.