The Best Revenge is Happiness

I do not own KDA or anything referenced.

-Grey POV Sunday before his birthday -

I hum quietly as I begin packing everything in my truck, from my surfboard, to the umbrellas, and everyone's luggage. I frown as this is going to be my first birthday without Kai'sa and KDA. I thought about inviting the other girls, but didn't want to cause anymore drama in their group. I pat my truck's tailgate as I finish up and smile. "Thanks Clifford." I say softly.

(Grey's truck he calls Clifford

(Grey's truck he calls Clifford.)

I head back inside where Xayah is standing in my shirt and her shorts. "Why didn't you wake me up to help you?" She asks tiredly and I rub her head.

"You looked so peaceful Birdie I didn't want to wake you up." I say and she frowns.

"That's stupid because the bed gets cold when you get out of it. I thought you were just going to the bathroom." She says and I laugh. Ever since that night we've been sleeping in the same bed. At first it was something to get used to since our Ex's stopped cuddling us, but now it just felt...right.

"I always wake up before everyone so I can pack up Clifford, and get a morning workout in." I say and her ears flick slightly.

"Morning workout?" She asks and I nod. "Awesome. That means I can workout too." She says and I smile.

"Hell yeah. Go get into some workout clothes and I'll meet you in the basement." I say and head downstairs to our home gym. I use this every time I come over since I don't want my opponents to see me training constantly. I wrap my hands in boxing tape and start hitting the punching bag.

-Kai'sa POV short-

I groan softly as I toss and turn in my bed. I have two blankets and my sweats on but it's still so cold. I grab one of my pillows and hug it tightly trying to fall asleep. I haven't slept much since Grey broke up with me. I scream and throw my pillow at a wall before flopping onto my back. I look at a nearby picture and grab it. It was a picture of Grey and I on his eighteenth birthday. He had me in his arms like a princess as the waves came in behind us. I begin to cry softly because we were so happy back then. We were talking about marriage and how many kids we wanted. He would hold me in his arms as we slept and it was always the best sleep ever. Now the bed feels empty and foreign to me. I look over to my closet and immediately see one of his jackets. I get up and go put it on, taking a deep breath I can still smell Grey's cologne on it.

"Why? Why did I let Rakaan convince me to cheat? Grey was everything I needed and wanted...so why? Why did I do it?" I ask myself sobbing softly. I get a notification on my phone, I check it to see Grey just posted a picture on his social media. "Bout to head to the beach and live my twenty-first birthday! Hashtag Pisces, Hashtag Single Life." I read softly and cry harder. I suddenly stop crying and begin to pack some clothes along with my sexy bikini.

"What are you doing?" Ahri asks neutrally from my doorway. I look at her and see her scowl, ever since that day she's hated my guts.

"Going to get my boyfriend back. I need to show him that he's still my everything." I say and she laughs.