CHAPTER 20: ''I want to be free from desolation and despair''

Killian. 

"What's her status?" I asked as I put my hands in my pockets. I looked up at the sleeping woman in front of me.

"She's responding well to the simulation, sir" I shifted on my feet and nodded proudly. I took a deep breath.

"And how far are we with the Extremis serum," I took a few steps forward as I took some of the tubes in my hands, ensuring the liquid was still coming in. An Orange-gold liquid was pooling from her body.

"We're making progress with extracting the serum. She's stable so far" I reached out and touched her face. I felt guilty doing this to her but I had no choice.

"Make sure she's comfortable, alright?" my assistant nodded and then ran off to get the scientist, who added some more morphine. I grabbed my cain tighter in my hand. When my assistant came back she looked up at me. She had a sorry look in her eyes.

"Anything else, sir?" I shook my head. After that, I limped away looking for a silent place. Guilt eating at me. I didn't want to hurt her. But as I said, I had no other choice.

"It will be over soon Mr. Killian" A bright white portal appeared on the wall as Malik stepped out of it. You could hear his accent when he said my name. He sauntered, heels first and his hands behind his back. His hair is tucked behind one ear.

"Yeah", I sighed. Is this serum worth it to get back what I lost? I started doubting myself as a glimpse of her pale body.

Ransom.

I was sitting in a lawn chair, looking over the swimming pool of Howard's mansion. It was hot but there was a slight breeze hitting my face.

The book I was reading fell onto my lap since I couldn't concentrate. My eyes focused on the blue-reflecting water that shimmered in the sun. Leaves that were so dried up from the sun that they fell, sending ripples all over the surface.

My head was turning a million miles an hour trying to find a way out but I was quite literally stuck in a world that I didn't know once again. I had no idea how I got here and how long I've been here. Day and night started flowing into each other and I felt like I was losing grip on reality.

And I wanted to freak out but for some reason, I couldn't. I couldn't feel anything. My body just went numb.

I tried to rub my fingers together, to ground me back to reality. But It just made it worse, as I wasn't sure if I was real or not.

I grabbed my chest as I felt it tighten. I was losing control. I fell on the ground with a hard thud grabbing my chest. The burning sensation I got when I woke up, maybe days, weeks, or months ago. My ears were ringing and my eyesight was blurry. I didn't know what to do.

A faint voice was calling me back but I couldn't quite make out who it was as my vision was distorted.

It wasn't only a few moments later that I opened my eyes again and found myself in my bedroom. "There you are" A soft voice whispered. I grabbed my head as it was pounding again.

Something wasn't right...

"What happened?" I sat right up but leaned back against the wall as my body gave out. Jarvis shook his head, worry evident on his face.

"We don't know." he sighed." You had us worried for a while." he stood up and fluffed my pillow. He turned and poured me a glass of water. "Here," he said. "You have to stay hydrated" I smiled softly.

I just took the glass to be nice. I wasn't thirsty. I did feel like I was burning from the inside out. I looked at my hands as I was expecting them to be engulfed in flames but instead, I found them burned and full of blisters. I screamed as the pain spread all across my body.

Killian.

"I don't have a good feeling about this Malick" He smiled confidently and shook his head.

"That's just your emotions talking Killian" he taunted me as he patted my shoulder. He confidently strutted to sit down in his big chair but then the door swung open. His confident demeanor disappeared as quickly as it came.

"Sir, we need to evacuate" my assistant ran in panic plastered across her face as sweat dripped from her forehead. I looked up at her worried as I hoisted myself out of the uncomfortable chair.

"Why?" I asked as I limped towards the door. Malick followed suit. The room was full of chaos. People were running around for safety. We ran into the room trying to figure out why everyone was running. We soon figured out why.

Ransom's eyes turned bright white. Her body was convulsing uncontrollably like she was trying to get out. When I looked to my right Malick was standing there with a smile on his face, his shoulders raised with pride. "Finally" he sighed.

I looked at him with no idea what he meant. He looked at me and answered my question. "The prophecy has started" He smiled and took a few steps back as he reached out his

arm helping me out of the building. But not before grabbing the extremis serum.

Heimdall.

"Why did you summon me Heimdall?" Thor asked, spinning his hammer

"Why did you summon me Heimdall?" Thor asked, spinning his hammer. I put my sword in the center of the Bifrost.

"I found her" His demeanor went from a soft amusing smile to a serious one. "She's in pain," I said. I was worried about her. She might not survive this. "You should go get her," I said. Thor nodded.

"Thank you Heimdall" I nodded as I summoned the Bifrost. The Bifrost found its way and started to engulf Thor.

"Her friends will be waiting for you down there," I said before I sent him on his way.