CHAPTER 21: ''The Prince of Rescue''

Tony.

Two months have passed since Ransom was taken. We had no idea where she was or if she was still alive. My eyes were burning from staring at my computer screen for so long. I was on my third cup of coffee. I was trying to stay awake but my body was fighting me.

Ransom's father appeared behind me. He placed his hand on my shoulder. "Son, you should rest your eyes," he said. Ransom's father had been here ever since she disappeared. He was determined to find her. "I'll be here to wake you when something happens. You can ask your computer ehm" he pointed to the ceiling. "Jeeves?" he said uncertain as to what name my A.I. had.

"I can't" I sighed. I felt overwhelmed by emotions and I thought of only closing my eyes for a second. All I could see was her. I missed her and I couldn't fathom seeing her. I couldn't stand the idea of her being in pain and me not being able to do anything about it.

"Please, sleep. You're of no use to her when you're going crazy because of sleep deprivation" he pleaded. I sighed as I sobbed. Ahmed had a sorry look on his face as he sighed and placed a hand on my shoulder. "We will find her" He reassured me, patting the back of my head slowly. "She's still alive, I can feel it," he said. "I've felt it for centuries" I looked up at him. His eyes were hopeful as he grabbed my shoulder tightly. I nodded believingly, trying to keep the hope.

Ahmed sat down at the office chair next to me as he took my cup of coffee away from me. "Sleep" he ordered, reminding me of my father. But again wasn't so patient with me. I laid my head down on my desk. It wasn't the best position for me to sleep in. But I was too tired to care. I drifted off into a deep sleep.

It was merely a few hours later when someone woke me up abruptly. I sat upright and wiped my face confused. "What's going on?" I looked up at Ahmed who was looking at the computer screens trying to figure something out as they were beeping uncontrollably.

"The alarms you set months ago finally went off. A high temperature has been spotted right at the edge of the city" Ahmed said, his voice chirpy. I immediately felt awake and sat upright.

"Are you sure it's her?" I asked, skeptical Ahmed nodded Yes.

"Look at the reading, not even a building on fire burns at this high of a temperature" The thermometer spiked red at the levels it was picking up. Hope was swelling in my chest. I think we might've found her.

"J.A.R.V.I.S. pinpoint the exact location for me" I commanded.

"Yes sir" he answered as I ran to get my suit. No one was going to stop me now from bringing her back home. She has suffered long enough.

It wasn't long before we touched down at the edge of town. A vacant lot that used to belong to the Roxxon Energy Corporation. As we were about to storm into the building, Thor touched down.

Both Ahmed and I stopped in our tracks as the ground shook on Thors' Impact. A Bright light touched down with him as he came down but disappeared as soon as he landed.

He turned and we locked eyes as I cocked my head to the side. "We have to get her out of there," he said, his voice deep and his accent thick.

The building was starting to collapse as a circle of white and orange light engulfed it

The building was starting to collapse as a circle of white and orange light engulfed it. People were running out in fear, screaming their lungs out. She was definitely in there. "It's now or never," Ahmed said. His suit appeared on his body like it was eating him. I used it as Nano-technology.

"Well, Let's go then" The face of my helmet fell as my suit booted up. J.A.R.V.I.S. pinpointed where the energy surge came from. We burst into the building, trying to avoid falling on us.

"Mr. Stark the building's integrity is failing" J.A.R.V.I.S. stated. I rolled my eyes as I flew up the second floor of the building. All three of us touched down in the room where Ransom was being held. The floor was shaking and we all had trouble holding our balance.

Ransom's eyes were a bright light, fully covering her beautiful brown ones. Her body was convulsing, It looked like she was in pain. I took my helmet off, truly worried for her. There was some electromagnetic field surrounding her, that protected her from the debris falling. "What do we do?" I yelled. "I can't get through" Ahmed looked at me and nodded.

"I can" his hands turned into a fiery bright orange. I put his hands through the barrier with ease, breaking it. Ransoms' eyes closed. Her body stopped convulsing as she fell out of the thing that was holding her. I was so shocked about what was happening, that I couldn't move.

Thor leaped forward and caught her before she fell. He scooped her up and walked out of the building with her in his arms. It felt like my body was frozen, I couldn't believe it was her. I've missed her for so long and I couldn't even move my body.

"Stark! We have to go" Ahmed yelled, pulling me out of my fear-induced slump. I shook my head and flew out of the building, as the building finally collapsed. All of us watched everything fall into dust. Ahmed, placed his hand on my shoulder, Thor was holding Ransom tight. Now that I took a good look at her, her body was fully covered with blisters and burn scars. Her body was shaking like she was cold.

What the hell did they do to her?