Chapter 7: Picnic

Author: Hey guys, I randomly thought of a cute chapter for y'all <33!  Plus sorry for not updating this for a few days I was a bit busy lol. I had tutorials and had to go somewhere with my family. 
(Rewrote this/small details) 
--------------------------------------------------------------

DAY 4

The next morning Tanjiro woke up to a lot of knocking on their door. Tanjiro quickly sat up and rubbed "his" eyes. While on the other hand, Nezuko was still in her deep sleep. Tanjiro got up from "his" bed and fixed "his" hair a bit since it was messy. "He" went to the front door and opened it. It was Mitsuri and Obanai. Tanjiro tilted "his" head. 

Tanjiro: "What are you guys doing here? Did you need something?" Obanai seemed very annoyed by his expression while Mitsuri looked super happy. Mitsuri: "I wanted to ask you if you wanted to come to a picnic today!" Tanjiro smiled Tanjiro: "Sure! When is it?" 
Mitsuri: "It's at 8 P.M. today! I scheduled it at night so Nezuko could be there too!"
Tanjiro: "Me and Nezuko would love this! Of course, we will come! She'll be very excited to hear this!" Mitsuri smiled. Mitsuri: "We'll get going now! See you later!" Mitsuri and Obanai, leaving Tanjiro with a big smile. A while later Nezuko woke up, she rubbed her eyes and fixed her hair.  She came out of her room looking very sleepy. Tanjiro turned his head to Nezuko and laughed. Tanjiro: "Someone looks tired!" All Nezuko let out is "Mmm.."
while rubbing her eyes. Tanjiro: "Go wash your face will quick. I have some great news!" Nezuko nodded and went to the restroom. She came back after 1 minute. Nezuko: "Mmm mmmm?/ What happened?" Tanjiro: "Today we're going to have a picnic with Mitsuri and with some of our friends!" Nezuko was very happy to hear this and made happy humming noises. 
Nezuko: "Mmmm mm mm?/ When is it?" Tanjiro: "It's at 8 P.M." 

Meanwhile, Mitsuri and Shinobu 
Mitsuri and Shinobu had already made all the food for the picnic so at the moment Mitsuri had a huge smile. Mitsuri: "Eeek! I can't wait for the picnic! Hey Shinobu we need to invite  more people!" Shinobu chuckled at Mitsuri's excitement. 
Shinobu nodded her head. Shinobu: "Let's go to Tomioka-San's house first, it is probably going to take a lot of persuading for him to come" Mitsuri: "Great idea!" They both ran to Giyuu's house and started knocking on the door. Not too long after they knocked, Giyuu opened the door and looked at them blankly. Giyuu: "What do you two want?" Mitsuri: "We want to invite you to the picnic to-"
Giyuu: "I'm not going" Mitsuri: "Pleaseee! We're begging you! It's just one time!" Giyuu: "No"
Shinobu: "This is why you have no friends Tomioka-San" Mitsuri: "Yeah! This is why you don't have any friends!" Giyuu was a bit shocked to hear Mitsuri agree with Shinobu, He sighed and just wanted to get this over with so he agreed. Giyuu: "Fine I'll come.." Mitsuri: "Eeek! Thank you!" Giyuu: "What time is it at?" Mitsuri: "It's at 8 PM!" Mitsuri and Shinobu left his house. Mitsuri: "Shinobu, where do we go now?" Shinobu looked up at the sky and thought about it. Shinobu: "Sanemi will be hard to deal with so let's get him over with" Mitsuri nodded. The both ran to Sanemi's house, thinking of the most annoying way to persuade him to attend the picnic. Shinobu had a great idea of how to make him go to the picnic. They knocked on his door fast when they got to Sanemi's house. Sanemi opened the door after a few seconds. Sanemi was about to yell at them until he saw Shinobu. Sanemi: "Oh hey Shinobu how are you doing?" (No ship) Shinobu: "I'm doing fine thank you for asking" Usually Sanemi would yell at people if they were banging on his door, but because of Shinobu he decided not to. Since she is Kanae's little sister. (I wish Kanae survived😭) Sanemi: "So what do you guys need?" Mitsuri: "We wanted you to come to the picnic today!" Shinobu: "We would really appreciate it" Since Sanemi was in a good mood today, surprisingly. He said yes. Sanemi: "Yeah sure, what time is it?"
Shinobu: "At 8 PM"

Sanemi: "Okay"  The two girls left shocked. Mitsuri: "Honestly I have never seen him in a good mood" Shinobu: "That was way easier than I thought" Shinobu: "Now let's see...Okay, why don't we try going  to Tokito's house?" Mitsuri: "Yeah!" They both ran to Muichiro's house. They both knocked a bit more gently than the last two doors they knocked on. Muichiro opened the door. 
Muichiro: "Hello...What are your names again..?" Shinobu chuckled. Shinobu: "It's Shinobu" 
Mitsuri: "And I'm Mitsuri" Muichiro: "Oh..Right..So what did you guys need?" Mitsuri: "Today we are going to have a picnic! And wanted to invite you!" Muichiro: "Oh sure....At what time?" 
Shinobu: "It's at 8 PM" Muichiro: "I'll probably forget though..." Mitsuri: "Have someone remind you like Giyuu, Genya, or Tengen" Muichiro: "Okay" Shinobu and Mitsuri both left, now going to Tengen's house. They made it to Tengen's house and knocked on the door. Maki opened it and had a pissed expression. Maki: "LORD TENGEN!! WHO THE HELL ARE THESE WOMEN?!"
Mitsuri and Shinobu were startled by Maki's yelling. Maki looked back at them. Maki: "Give me one second" She closed the door and yelling was heard from the inside. Mitsuri: "What is going on in there..." Shinobu: "Don't want to know..." A few minutes later Tengen opens the door. Tengen: "Sorry about that sometimes my wives are overprotective." Mitsuri: "We can tell" Tengen: "So what did you ladies need?" Shinobu: "Today we are having a picnic with everyone and wanted to invite you" Tengen: "How flashy of you two! Of course, I will come! What time?" Mitsuri: "8 PM, also one more thing. Can you remind Tokito-kun to come? He'll probably forget" Tengen: "Yeah sure no problem! And I'll certainly be there!" 

 The girls left to go to someone else's house. Mitsuri: "So we need to invite Rengoku, Genya, Inosuke, Zenitsu, Aoi, and Kanao" Shinobu: "Don't worry about Kanao and Aoi they are already coming" Mitsuri: "Alright 4 more people left to invite!" The both ran to Rengoku's house while running they saw him with Genya instead, and went up to them. Genya immediately got flustered. His face turned red and he stayed quiet. Rengoku: "Oh hello Shinobu and Mitsuri! How was your day today?" Rengoku said with a bright smile as always. Mitsuri: "It was great! Thank you for asking!" Shinobu: "I've had a fine day. Thanks for asking" Rengoku: "No problem! So what did the two of you need?" Mitsuri: "Today we are having a picnic and we would like to invite the both of you!" Rengoku: "Of course, we'll come!" Rengoku looked at Genya.
Rengoku: "Do you want to come too Genya?" Genya nodded. Rengoku: "Great! When is it?" Shinobu: "At 8 P.M. today!" Mitsuri: "If you see Tokito-kun nearby here can you maybe remind him of the picnic today, he will most likely forget" Rengoku: "Sure no problem!" 

Mitsuri: "See you guys later!" Shinobu and Mitsuri left. They were walking all over the place to find Inosuke and Zenitsu. They both heard yelling from afar and decided to go in the direction they heard yelling from. 
Shinobu was the first to spot Inosuke and Zenitsu. Mitsuri: "Are they arguing about something?" 
Shinobu: "I mean Zenitsu looks mad, so I guess?" They both came up to them, Zenitsu saw the two of them and blushed. Zenitsu: "H-Hello Shinobu and Mitsuri!! How was your day?!" Shinobu chuckled. Shinobu: "It was fine thank you for asking" Mitsuri: "It was good thank you!" 
Inosuke: "Simp" Zenitsu turned to Inosuke. Zenitsu: "Shut up," Zenitsu said before quickly turning back to the two girls. Zenitsu: "So what did you ladies need!?" Shinobu: "Today we are having a picnic and want to invite the both of you!" Zenitsu: "Of course, we'll come!! What time is it?" 
Mitsuri: "At 8 PM" Inosuke: "Is there food there?" Shinobu: "Yes!" Inosuke: "I'm coming" 
Mitsuri: *Whispers to Shinobu* "Probably for Aoi too" Shinobu chuckled and nodded. Now Mitsuri and Shinobu need to find a spot for the picnic. There were going to be many people there so they needed to find a big spot in the area. Shinobu: "Where should we plan the spot?" 
Mitsuri: "We should put it in a field! It would look pretty at night!" Shinobu: "Great idea!"
Mitsuri: "We should start setting the place up around...6:50 PM?" Shinobu: "Yeah, I'll let you set up the place while I get the food." Mitsuri: "great idea!" 

Back with Tanjiro and Nezuko
It was around 7:40 PM and Nezuko and Tanjiro were getting ready to head out to the picnic. 
Nezuko: "Mm mm mmmm!/ I'm so excited!" Tanjiro smiled at Nezuko. Tanjiro: "Me too! I can't wait until we get there!" After they both got ready and went out the door excitedly. The walk wasn't long, so they arrived at around 7:54 PM. Mitsuri and Shinobu had already been done with setting up the picnic along with Aoi and Kanao. All of them were waiting for people to arrive. When Mitsuri and Shinobu saw Tanjiro and Nezuko they both smiled. Aoi smiled, and Kanao blushed. Mitsuri: "Hey guys! It's nice to see you here!" Mitsuri went up to them and gave them both a big hug. Shinobu: "You two are the first to arrive" The four sat back down and talked about random stuff. The second people to come were Rengoku, Tengen, Inosuke, Obanai, and Zenitsu. Mitsuri: "Hi guys!"
Zenitsu: "NEZUKOOO-CHAAN~!" Tanjiro: *sighs* "Already simping?" Tengen: "This picnic will be flashy!" Rengoku: "Indeed flashy!" Inosuke: *Intensely staring at the food*

 Soon after the 4 arrived Genya, Giyu, Sanemi, and Muichiro arrived. Sanemi looked like he was pissed since Genya and Giyuu had been annoying him the whole walk. Mitsuri: "Hey guys! Glad you're here!"
Muichiro: "Why are we here again?" Giyuu: "We're having a picnic" Muichiro: "Right" Muichiro looked at the moon, zoning out. Aoi tried her best to keep Inosuke from eating all the food in one minute. Aoi: "Wait a minute! We'll all eat in a second!" They all sit down and start eating. Muichiro zoned out and looked at the moon at the same time but then, felt someone tapping his shoulder. Muichiro looked over and saw Mitsuri. She had some Dango in her hand and was smiling widely. Mitsuri: "Try some Dango Tokito-kun!" Muichiro nodded. 
Mitsuri handed over a Dango stick to him. Muichiro tried it and actually liked it.
Muichiro: "It tastes good.." Mitsuri: "I'm glad you like it! Dango is one of my favorite foods!" 
Muichiro nodded. While with Rengoku and Tengen they were eating Miso soup with sweet potato. Rengoku: "UMAI" Tengen: "This is a flashy picnic". They were all having a good time. A little while later, Genya was eating watermelon peacefully. He heard someone gobbleing something and looked over. It was Mitsuri eating watermelon like there was no tomorrow. Tanjiro and Zenitsu were eating rice crackers. Aoi and Kanao were eating onigiris. Inosuke was eating all the tempura. Sanemi and Obanai were eating some Ohagi with some tea. Shinobu was eating Ginger Tsukudani. 
The picnic ended around 10 P.M. Nezuko and Tanjiro were both tired. Tanijro: "Today was fun, right Nezuko?" Nezuko nodded happily but also looked tired at the same time. They both got home, changed into their pajamas, then went to their rooms and went to sleep. 

---------------------------------------------------------------
Author: I made a long chapter (to me) and I am now proud of myself. Spring break is over and school work is still torturing me but I still feel better since now I have to worry about one thing and not two. Since people aren't pressuring me anymore so that's good. I was supposed to get this out yesterday but I was super tired. But today I had some energy and decided to get this chapter out.
(2006 words)