Chapter 54 - Holiday

a/n hiiii i'm back!!! sorry it's been awhile. life got very busy there for a moment. but here we are with a TRIPLE UPDATE!!!! 

i hope you all enjoy these chapters <3

~*~

Jolie craned her neck as she stood upon the vast dock, staring up at the massive shimmering vessel that hardly rocked upon the waters of Saint-Tropez.

So this was a yacht.

The white shining material of the ship glinted in the soft morning sun, enormous black ropes stretching over several points near the top and meeting at the dock, thick sailor knots holding the yacht in place.

It was much bigger than Jolie had expected.

All around her at the port, parents were giving their children one last hug, one last bit of advice, or—in a few lucky cases—one last wad of Muggle Euros.

Adrian and his father, Lawrence, seemed to just be having a calm chat. No hugs there.

Miles Bletchley's mum was planting kiss after kiss upon his cheek, making her son grimace whilst her husband straightened his overcoat.

Lucian Bole clapped shoulders with his father as Elspeth MacGillony and Catherine Brunt's parents went over a checklist with the girls.

Graham Montague's mother simply held his hand, murmuring something to him as they both stared up at the ship.

Peregrine Derrick looked to be nodding off whilst standing as his mum, Venetia, unfolded a vibrant map and squinted at it, asking him questions that her son was not at all answering nor listening to.

Otto and Calliope Warrington, Cassius's parents, played the part of attentive hosts; smiling, laughing, and assuring their fellow peers and parents that the trip would be nothing but smooth sailing and comforted luxury. Cassius followed along, grinning widely and shaking the hands of any parent that approached the family with questions or farewells.

Whilst everyone chatted, two or three men in stark white uniforms made their way up and down the metal ramp that Cassius's father had called a 'gangway,' taking trips to gather everyone's scattered luggage and carry it aboard.

It wasn't very windy today, but the weather was still quite chilly—barely eleven-degrees out in the early morning of Southern France. The sun had risen less than an hour ago, but it wasn't doing much to warm them. The Warringtons quietly assured everyone, however, that there was a slew of strong, conspicuous warming charms all throughout the ship, and it would become even warmer once the sun rose to its afternoon peak.

Jolie was inwardly a bit doubtful. Sure, she had packed her fair share of swimming costumes—but they were travelling the coasts of Europe in December! She'd never expected it to be a tropical holiday. She had just planned on suffering a bit whilst she got a much needed suntan.

But what did she know about chartering a yacht?

Her father placed a hand on her shoulder, dragging her from her thoughts as he pulled her in to hug her for the fourth time.

"You be safe, dove," he murmured. "All of you be safe."

She nodded, grunting as she managed to eventually extricate herself from his crushing embrace. "We—will. I already told you we will—"

He gripped her forearms, holding her out to look at her. "Then, tell me again."

"Dad!" she groaned. "We will!"