CHAPTER 1

July 21, 2017

Victoria looks at herself in the mirror nervously. She takes a deep breath. Wondering if she was sure of this, was this the moment?, everything was gonna be fine, right..?

She took one last breath and opened the door of the bathroom, starting to walk down the corridors of her house. Everything looks blurry, as if everything around her was moving in slow motion.

Her parents are sitting in the living room couch facing the TV, they didn't notice her yet. Her hands are sweating, she takes one final breath when her parents turn to look at her.

"Vic, what are you doing standing there?, come sit with us" Her mom says in a calm voice. She approaches her parents,  slowly sitting in front of them, looking at both of them.

"Are you okay darling?, you look a bit pale." Victorio, her father, says.

"We need to talk," She says in a serious but nervous tone. They both share a look and soon they are paying attention to her, Victorio rapidly turns off the Tv to give her all of his attention.

A moment of silence settles in the whole room, making it feel suffocating for the three of them. Soon, worry starts to show in her parents face. Her mother decides to break the silence. "Darling, talk to us, what's wro-".

"I like girls" She blurts out, the words just slipped from her mouth.

"What do you mean you like girls?," Victorio says, breaking the silence in the room. Nervously she starts talking again under the dark looks on her mother and fathers faces. " I like girls..but, I - I also like bo-" She was silenced by a hard slap on her left cheek.

"Victorio what are you doing?!" Her mother shouts at her father.

"She deserves it!, are you hearing what she is saying?!" Her father shouts angrily at her.

Victoria looks at her father astonished. " Dad, please, calm down, let's talk about this!"

"There is nothing to talk about," her father says with a furious look on his face. "you are a faggot.." He says with venom in his words.

"Dad, I-" She tries to find the words.

"You are a fucking faggot! Get out of my house!"

Tears falling down her face while her heart shattered in pieces, she looked at her mom, who had a sad looking face. She looked at her father, his face red, angry, disappointed...

"Mom, please, tell me this is not true,..please, let me stay."

"Victoria, I'm so disappointed," she looked at her directly in her eyes " I don't know where I went wrong with you, I did everything right and still..." She sighs " I thought I did everything right..Why are you like this?"

"Mom, I'm sorry...But please, let me stay". Her mom looked at her with pity in her eyes.

"Enough, get out, now!" Victorio says.

Victoria starts running to her room, in a swiftly move she picks up her backpack.

She began to put clothes and personal things inside. Once she is ready she takes a final look at her bedroom, crying, she opens the door and walks through dark corridors until she reaches the door handle. She looks at her mom, who doesn't even look her in the eyes. She looks at Victorio, when she was about to open the door her father speaks;

"You are disgusting, and you are not welcome in my house anymore".

It was as if a bullet pierced her chest and finished breaking her heart into small pieces.