CHAPTER 4

May 30, 2019

The atmosphere became tense and Bruno stopped laughing. Both blondes held their breath for a few seconds, neither stopped looking into each other's eyes. Both of them were waiting for the usual thing to happen, a fight.

But that moment never came.

Reneé let out the air she was holding in her lungs. "Hey.." The shorter blonde said.

"Hi..?" Victoria was extremely confused. What was Reneé doing here? At this time the blonde always went with Astrid to do...whatever they do. And was she being friendly? weird.

"I- I should go, bye!" And just as she appeared before her eyes Reneé disappeared, did she seem nervous?

"What the fuck was that?" she said to her friends.

Bruno smirked, and was about to talk when Paige interrupted him.

"She came to let us know that the dress rehearsal is about to start, so we should go now." She stood from her chair. "Let's go."

June 4, 2019

Today marks 5 days since Jake disappeared and abandoned the apartment and his things. Victoria has not entered the room since that day, she has been sleeping on the couch for 4 nights and her back is no longer working.

She also felt lonely, at work she had her friends, but at home she was all by herself.

It also didn't help that Reneé has been ignoring her since the day they saw each other face to face a few days ago and had that strange moment.

The blonde hasn't criticized, mocked or interrupted her these days and Victoria didn't seem to understand why she suddenly stopped. It's not like she cares either, but it was weird.

They were in the middle of rehearsal dancing rockin' around the pole when Paige accidentally stepped on Victoria's heel causing her to push Reneé and almost making her fall.

Reneé turned around incredibly quickly and looked Victoria in the eyes with fury. "What is your problem!?" She said sharply.

"I'm sorry, I tripped over my feet." The blonde answer, feeling a little bit intimidated for the shorter blonde.

"Oh, of course you're sorry!" Reneé says while raising her hands in the air and immediately positioning them on her waist.

"Why do you even say sorry? I know you wanted me to fall." The older girl says pointing at Victoria accusingly with her index finger.

"I was just trying to be polite, but it would have been better if you had fallen!" The younger girl moved closer to the shorter blonde's face.

"You are such a-" Reneé was about to scream at her but she was cut off with a masculine voice that echoed through the room.

"Enough!" Casey Nicholaw, the director and choreographer, shouted loudly leaving the whole place in silence.

"I'm bored of your stupid kids fights, it's the same shit every day. Either you fix your problems or you are both out of the musical,"

He took a breath and blew it out, he ran a hand over his face.

"I can easily get replacements for you two. But I'm not going to stand for this, there are 3 days left until the premiere and you are just delaying this!"

He was obviously lying. Nicholaw only wanted to scare them into behaving.

Both girls were perfect for their roles and even if he wanted to it would be impossible to find replacements at the last minute. He has also noticed that there is a certain chemistry between them, which is perfect for their characters.