CHAPTER 8

June 15, 2019

"No, no..Your Ex gave you the money? What?!" Reneé left the guitar aside carefully, "Are you going to tell me what the hell is going on?" The oldest moved on the couch and moved closer to Victoria.

"Well, he's not really my ex," The girl sighed and ran her firm fingers through her hair. "Yet..." Reneé's face twisted even more if it was possible. " but he's going to be..soon."

"Does that mean you want to break up with your shitty boyfriend?" She leaned back a little on the couch but her eyes never stopped looking at the green-eyed girl, not even for a second.

Victoria giggled. Reneé was right, he was a shitty boyfriend. "Yeah, when he returns tho, he went on a "Business trip"" Victoria raised both hands and moved her fingers pretending to make quotes. "and I don't have any idea when he is coming back. Could be tomorrow or in a week, or maybe even today! Ha." The blonde said as she stretched and positioned herself near the older girl.

Reneé's breathing was cut short for a few seconds at the closeness of the girl next to her. "And...and why are you breaking up with him?" She dared to ask. At the same time she also settled on the couch, Victoria took advantage of it to carefully lay her head on the blonde's arm.

Reneé's cheeks took on a deep reddish color that went unnoticed by Victoria, who was more focused on removing the black paint from her nails.

"Uhm..I, Uhg" She groaned. "Supposedly we had fixed things between us. The next day I went outside for a few minutes and when I entered the apartment again, there he was! happily talking to a woman, the girl was sending him semi-naked photos.."

Victoria felt as if the hard sofa was sinking beneath her, however Reneé's delicate hand began to caress her hair. The sofa no longer sank, but shame invaded Victoria, she had to buy a new sofa, she couldn't let her friend sit on something so hard and uncomfortable again.

Reneé's voice took her out of her thoughts.

"What a shitty boyfriend you have, I hope you break up with him soon," Reneé paused and hesitated because of what she was about to say "If you want I can be with you when you break up with him, you could call me.."

Reneé didn't tell her directly but Victoria knew immediately what she meant. She knew that Jake had hit her. And she was right, because that was exactly what Reneé wanted to avoid, that bastard hitting her again.

"Thanks but it's not necessary. I will make him leave this apartment once and for all, and everything's gonna come out just fine.." She turned her head towards Reneé giving her a small smile, she wanted to let her know that everything was going to be okay although she didn't even know if that was true.

The older girl flashed a caring smile at the blonde, but she was still not sure if she should believe what the girl said, what if everything went wrong? "Are you sure you don't want me to be there with you, what happens if he gets angry and-"

"Nae" The oldest had rambled so much that she didn't even realize that Victoria was holding her arm and looking at her until she said her name. "I really appreciate it but I think everything will work out." If Jake was cheating on her with someone else, why would he be angry? He would finally be free from the relationship that he himself threw away. He would surely be angry about the apartment, but she didn't think the situation would escalate.

"Okay..But if something happens, call me." The blonde said, Victoria nodded. This time the youngest got up from the couch, disappointing Reneé, according to her it was because she was already comfortable.

"Last time you said you wanted to listen to one of my songs and I finally have the guitar, so I'll play something for you!" Reneé saw how the excited girl took keys out of her pocket and went to a door, where she saw that her friend's hands were shaking. Once she opened the door it didn't take her more than thirty seconds to enter and leave the room, and when she left she let out a big breath of air.