CHAPTER 5

A/N:

I want to apologize in advance for the delay of the chapter, when I was about to publish it everything I wrote was deleted, so I had to write it again. Anyways, thanks for reading 🤍

June 8, 2019

"He disappeared after a fight a week ago and he just came back, he just left!" Victoria raised her arms in the air and dropped them instantly. "I woke up the next morning and he wasn't there, no texts, no call, nothing."

She didn't know why or where she had gotten the confidence to talk about this with the girl who had constant fights. For some reason, since she woke up today, Reneé gave her a feeling of calm and confidence, unlike days past.

On the other hand.

The only thought running through Reneé's head was the day Victoria arrived with her bruise still visible on her face, her hand with a huge gash, and how she barely ate.

Was it possible that maybe her boyfriend hit her? A shiver ran through her body.

Reneé placed both of her hands on her knees. "Why were you guys fighting? I don't think he left without a reason." She watched the younger girl shift nervously on the couch. She knew she had to be careful with this topic, but she needed to push a little to find out the truth.

"Oh, we argue because he says I don't have time for him anymore, for us in general. But I've just been busy with rehearsals," Memories of that day invaded Victoria's mind and it seemed to her that the bruise on her face began to hurt more out of nowhere.

Reneé couldn't get rid of the worried look on her face. Just with the little that Victoria told her about her boyfriend, she already hated him. They had worked together for more than 1 month and from afar you could tell that she was too good for someone like him.

"You told me that you guys have been having problems for several months now, so" Reneé moved her arms nervously, not sure whether to stay silent or not. She finally decides to go for it. "...why don't you just break up with him?"

Victoria's face turned into one of surprise and she laughed softly.

"Why are you laughing?" The blonde tried her best not to laugh, the younger girl's laugh was contagious.

"Sorry, it's just...not that simple" She stopped laughing, but a tiny smile became present on her face. "It's not simple at all."

"Well in a way you're completely right, it's not that simple, but on the other hand you guys have been having problems since 5 months ago." Reneé knew that she shouldn't get into other people's problems, but if Victoria told her this, it's because maybe she didn't have anyone else to talk to. And she wasn't going to stand by as Victoria got another bruise.

"I think enough time has passed to put a stop to this, but from what I heard today things only seem to be getting worse."

The silence was present in the room and for a moment Reneé doubted if she should've said that.

"You're totally right," Victoria broke the silence in the room. Reneé smiled. "But," the younger girl lifted her head and looked at the blonde. "I love him, I know that sometimes he gets angry very easily, but I know that he doesn't do it on purpose. I know he's going to change."

You could see the doubt in her eyes, before she would've believed every word that came out of her mouth, but now she wasn't so sure of what she was saying. Jake didn't seem to improve his attitude, but rather to get worse.

Reneé looked at her with pity, maybe the girl needed time to process things and think a little.

What the oldest didn't know is that at that precise moment Victoria was remembering every fight she had had with Jake in her mind. Why was she doubting whether she loved him now if she had never doubted before? She started to question things.