1.0: All Too Well

TAYLOR:
Having been in this situation before, Taylor knew how to cope with it. She let him have the space to come down from the high, and then they went through the cycle. Talk about his relapse, call his sponsor, and talk through their options. Whether that be a meeting or going through the program. Distracting her, her mind flashed back to the night before..

-Last night-

"Trav? Honey where are you?", Taylors heart skipped a beat when she heard nothing but silence from the usually lively home. "Are you upstairs?" She quietly creaked up the stairs, wanting to be quiet if he was resting from his practice, but she found the bedroom vacant.

Vacant, except for the light peering out from the bathroom. "Are you in the bathroom, Trav?" the 3 knocks on the door drew no response, but Taylors ears picked up on a silent sob coming from inside the space.

She twisted the doorknob, afraid of the scene she was expecting, for he was all too predictable. Travis was leaning against the wall adjacent to the shower, in a rather dazed state. His eyes were glassed over and bloodshot. The vial and needle on the ground.

"I'm so sorry Tay, I really tried this time I swear." He wasn't as quiet with his sobs now.

"Baby.." her heart broke at the sight of the light of her life, layed out so defenseless before her. Although unsure of how he came across the fix this time, she was only focused on one thing. Helping out her Travis.

She gathered her composure, as she knew it was better to keep calm in these types of situations. The human before her was so far from the one she knew and loved, and it really stung.

The needle was disposed of rather quickly, for it was a biohazard. Then came the challenge of getting a semi-conscious, 6'5 250 pound man to cooperate with her. She did her best to help him up, supporting him by wrapping her arm around his lower back, and they hobbled over to their shared king-sized bed.

Travis was in no mood to talk, shower, or really do anything which he usually wasn't in this state. Taylor wasn't disappointed in him, she was just sad that all
his hard work was ruined by the urge he unfortunately always had.

-Now-

The slight snore coming from their room told Taylor he had finally given into his tiredness. This has happened multiple times before, and each time she thought,

"This is the last time, he wouldn't do it again, he put in so much effort and time into staying clean. He wouldn't do it."

But addiction was so, so much more than that. She knew it was barely his choice, that the disease takes his beautiful mind over, telling him he needs the drug to feel better. She hated the control it had over him, and wished she could just make it all better

Sighing, she dialed Donnas' number, wishing she didn't have to have the conversation that was about to happen.

"Hey Don."

"Taylor? Is everything okay."

"He relapsed again Don, he tried so hard."

"Sweetheart, I know what you have to do and I'm sure you do too. I love you so much, good luck and reach out for anything."

With that she hung up.

She knew this process wasn't going to be easy with him. It's all part of a bigger plan is what Taylor always convinced herself. She made the calls that needed to be made and slowly stepped into their bedroom.

Grabbing his shoulder, she gently shook him till he awoke. As this was the 2nd relapse in a 2 month period, he would be going into treatment for 15 days. Sadly, this talk had happened before.

"Sweetheart, your sponsor and some people from the facility are gonna stop by and we're gonna head to the center. Im gonna be with you every step of the way, I always will."

A flash of discomfort came across his face, "Tay I swear, I'll be good this time baby. It was a mistake, a one time thing. I'm gonna stay clean this time I don't need to leave."

He sobbed as Taylor embraced him, he grew tired after half an hour of trying to convince her that he would be stronger this time. But Taylor knew all too well..

A/N: Sorry if this is bad it was just an idea ive had