1.2: Temptations

Taylor:

She hadn't seen Travis since their last visit at his rehab, where she was told by him that in order to get his addiction under control that they would need to take a break.

Taylor understood that there was a set series of steps he had to endure to get back to a somewhat normal and healthy life, but there was still an underlying sting when she had been informed.

——————————————————

Brits' parties were always a good time. She was regularly invited to them, but rarely had a chance to attend. There was a weird deja vu feeling when she did show up, for Travis and her used to be avid guests at these.

She hasn't heard anything about him, except for the infrequent updates from his mom. So she was very surprised to say the least when he walked through the front door of the Mahomes' house. He looked a lot better, not that he didn't always look good.

He made his way over to Pat and some of the guys and engaged in what seemed like a lighthearted conversation. Taylor watched as he laughed, god no matter what he went through he still had that goofy chuckle.

"Sorry for no heads' up on him being here, Tay. I know you guys are taking a break." Brit was over by her now, snapping out of the little trance that had consumed her, she just nodded.

"He's doing a lot better T. He's been clean for 6 months now, he's going on dates, spending time with family, and focusing on the important things."

"Oh, dates?" that was a slightly disappointing revelation to hear. She hadn't so much has thought of getting anywhere near another guy, nonetheless go on a date. But she knew that part of his program was opening himself to new opportunities, so she didn't think too much into it.

——————————————————

The fresh air filled Taylors' lungs. She had stepped out onto there patio, the noise had gotten a little too loud for her liking. The door squeaked open behind her, catching her attention. Out stepped the man she had spent months fawning over, while he had probably not wasted a thought on her.

"Hey Tay," a warm smile filled his face, "it's been a sec."

"That's an understatement. How have you been Trav?"

"Ive been getting better. You know there's the good days and bad days."

"And what kind of day is today?" she inquired.

"It's an.. okay one. It's still a little hard to be around alcohol, but I know that the people around me won't let me destroy my hard work."

"Every morning, Trav, when I wake up I see you on that bathroom floor. Sometimes it makes me wonder if I did something that made you relapse? I know it's illogical, but I can't seem to find a reason you would want to do that to yourself."

"I honestly don't know why I did what I did. Maybe it was the little voice in the back of my head, telling me and manipulating me into thinking I would never be enough for you. One thing I want you to know T, it was nothing you did that made me indulge my urges. You had been the perfect supporter throughout that whole period, and I don't think I ever got a chance to tell you how much I appreciated it."

Taylor gladly accepted his outstretched arms, falling into the familiar scent of his favorite cologne. After a while of embracing eachother, he released her and they just sat together in silence, enjoying one another's presence.

"So I heard you're going on dates Kelce. Any good competition I have ahead of me?"

A goofy grin overtook his lightly-stubbled face, "God, Brit really couldn't keep her mouth shut could she? While there's no other girls in the picture for me right now, I'm not supposed to rush into things. So, Taylor Swift, wanna get dinner sometime?"

"Well, Travis Kelce, I was wondering when you were gonna ask that."

A/N: Quick little part 2 to the first chapter of the book. Sorry if it's short.

𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰: tayvis oneshotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara