2.0: Man thats never known you

[When I was just a wild haired messed up kid]
-Zach Bryan

Travis:

     I had my plan all laid out in my mind. I was gonna ask Kayla to prom, and would hopefully draw a positive response from her. Even though she was a senior and I was a sophomore, and- no I can't go down this rabbit hole again. I'm going to do this. What kind of idiot am I? Am I seriously about to do this?

    I dressed out in the tux Jason had rented me for the occasion, and threw the sign I had so meticulously crafted for the sole reason of asking a girl to a dance in the backseat. It was going to work. I mean, what would she not like? I'm 6'5, varsity football player, and if I do say so myself, a gentleman. Something was lingering in the back of my mind as I started to drive, rather someone was lingering. She always had her ways of occupying that space in his brain, though she wasn't aware of it.

——————————————————

    Arriving to the school courtyard, the nerves were already taking over. I spotted Kayla surrounded by her widely known group of friends, God she was perfect. As I walked towards the table, I turned some heads, which should be expected,  considering I was dressed like I was about to attend the Grammys. Though I didn't know whether they looked my way in a good or bad way.

  Her friends tapped her shoulder as I approached, and she looked as if she was holding back a laugh. Was I that surprising?

"Hey Kayla, I know we aren't really all that good of friends, but I would love to know if you would accommodate me to Prom?"

   The courtyard was so silent you could hear a pin drop.

Taylor:

  Seeing Travis so defeated in his tux that was most likely rented, messed up chocolate hair, and red-rimmed eyes hurt her heart. She had always had a sweet spot in her heart for that boy. She watched as her slightly younger classmate, turned on his heels and began the agonizing journey back to the exit.

  Taylors legs started moving on her own, and before she knew it she was off after him. He was in pain, as most would be after a humiliating rejection in front of the whole student body. Why did Kayla do that to him? He was one of the sweetest boys in the school.

    Searching for her guy, she finally found him on a bench in the front, head in hands, quietly sniffling. She slid in next to him,

"I bet that wasn't how you wanted that to go."

"Not at all, Tay, not at all."

   Travis looked up with bloodshot eyes at his first love. Taylor had actually been the first girl to ever accept his invitation to a dance. Before this, he had never been on the receiving end of someone who declined. If she hadn't done it in such a cruel way, maybe it wouldn't hurt as much

   Taylor cradled his head in her arms as she held him.

   " Let's get out of here Trav, we can go to McDonalds your favorite?"

   This suggestion extracted a slight smirk from Travis, she always knew exactly what he needed.

"If it makes you feel any better," Taylor started, trying to lighten the mood, "Ive always thought you were to good for her anyways, I mean you are Travis Kelce."

   She said that with such confidence, that it lifted part of the shadow that had consumed his heart.

——————————————————

Travis:

  Sometimes the ones we love know exactly what you need. Taylor was sitting across from me in my room, after our mid afternoon journey for fast food, lightly strumming some type of melody on a guitar I had lying around.

"You grow so fond of things meant to be free
What if letting go is what's killing me
Never felt this beat down before
Soon as I'm back up I'm coming back for more"

   Those lyrics sounded as if they were slightly mirroring our past relationship. When we were both too in love and oblivious to the fact that we weren't benefiting each other.

   We locked eyes from across the room, and suddenly I was on my feet, a magnetic field drawing me closer and closer. I leaned down and gently grazed her lips with mine. She grabbed the back of my head eagerly, engaging in the kiss.

"We're what each other need, Trav. It's all we ever lacked."

I know this pretty ass but I had this idea when I was listening to the song so 🤷‍♂️