Chapter One: The Interview

"Nadia Singh!" I quickly stood up as my name was called." You are the next." The bald man on the chair who was calling everyone, said.
After a while when we were waiting for Naira Gupta to come out, someone harshly opened the door leading to the interview room, it was Naira.

She had tears in her eyes, she walked fastly towards the exit while tearing her interview form. I held my form tightly and submitted it to the bald man.

" Don't be nervous, she ain't gonna eat you." He said with a slight laughter in his tone.
"Yeah I have heard." I said with a sarcastic tone.

Who has ever heard that Ruby Roy, the Joint Secretary of S.T., is not going to torture newbies with her bitter sweet taunts.

I have heard that the Additional or Special Secretary of S.T. treats the newbies in better way and because of her the newbies are able to do their jobs with general interest.

I twisted the door knob and went inside the interview room.

(After the interview when Nadia came outside and was in the waiting room)

Am I the only one who was not crying after coming outside?

I went towards the bald man whose name is Rupesh Gupta. He gave me my form with a smile, not a happy one but an expectational one.

I smiled back at him and took my form.

(At Nadia and Nate's regular cafe)

"It has been thirty minutes, do you even want to come?"
I said while taking the last sip of my second cup of coffee."Look behind" I sighed and looked behind me and saw Nate waving his hand at me from outside the cafe which's two walls are made of glass.

I pointed my index finger towards him and moved it in such a way, indicating him to come towards me.

He came and sat in front of me.

We usually like to come here because their coffee is really good and we get to spend some quality time peacefully as each table are located far from each other. Still the tables are in such way that it looks very beautiful and are enough for all customers.

This is what makes it a special place for me and Nate.

Well Nate is not my boyfriend but a very good friend.

"How many cups of coffee this time?" He asked.
"Two, well I was drinking slowly so that I won't have to order five cups like the last time when you made me wait for 2 hours." I said while signalling the waiter to come and take the order.

"Bro...I was in my guitar classes. You know Mrs.Robert, she never lets anyone go until the entire topic is covered and yes she was asking me that where you were in a very angry way, so get ready for tomorrow." He said all that in one breath.

He also signalled the waiter to come.

"But why did you not come in today's class? You know I don't like being alone." He added.

The waiter didn't come towards us but shouted in the kitchen,
"One double expresso for Nate and a Cappuccino for Nadia."

"You're gonna drink more?" He asked knowing my reply.
"Yes." I said without looking into his eyes. I looked up into his eyes and smiled.

"Well...wanna know a secret?" I whispered.

.
.
.

Sorry this is short chapter guys.
I'll try writing long chapters next time.
Take care🤗