Chapter Three: The Rubies

I entered inside the Spartans building and walked in confidently. My high pony tail swayed at the back of my black leather jacket.
The sound of my heel boots echoed in the silent hall of The Spartans main branch building.

Archana was looking down at me from the 2nd floor. She kept both her hands on the glass railing and leaned on it.

She was looking at me from those sharp eyes with kajal properly placed on it and is tried to be covered by eyeliner. I think only I know about that kajal.

She was somehow giving a proper bossy vibes after becoming the CEO.

We were trained together in the past to become an agent of The Rubies. Kajal is like a symbol of a Rubie. Like the double winged eyeliner is the symbol of THE SPARTANS.

The agents don't apply eyeliner or kajal during a mission because thier identity can be easily revealed through it.

My kajal was also hidden beneath the layer of eyeliner. This kajal is made of some special kind of flowers which is not easy to remove. Basically it is permanant.

The people present in the building stopped thier work and looked towards me. Some were shocked, some confused, some just don't care and some were interested. I spotted many familiar faces from this unfamiliar crowd.

Shweta, Sarah, Anandi, Roopa and many others. All my seniors now, promoted, got new scars and experienced.

We used to be at the same level. They were one post above me.
Sarah and Clara are my juniors. I have met them before somewhere.

But not sure where.

I reached the reception and asked for my entry card. They checked my form and gave me an id card. Finally found something that's still unchanged. The old fashioned id card with white and blue colour art shown as a background and my information written on a complete black background just designed over it.

I swiped the card and moved forward.

Once I was able to cross this large hallway, I took a close look to this new renovated area of the building.

The one I fought for.

I felt sudden peaceful emotions after reaching this place. Like I was back in my training life. I still remember each and every moment I used spend here. When Gulabo Ben used to take care of us in hostel, when I never realized that all the time I was surrounded by the to be members of the spartans.

The elevators were almost hundred in number. All of them made entirely of glass. The glass walls of the elevator were shining brightly like it's cleaned everyday. There were almost thirty five to forty floors in this building. Each including many hallways.

I entered into one of the elevator and pressed the button for Floor No. 2

I smiled a bit when I looked at the buttons which is pressed for the floors.

There were fifty floors in the Spartans building now. Big thing I guess.

The doors of the elevator opened and I was welcomed by Archana standing just infront of me with crossed hands and a serious look. She never fails in making me happy. I stepped out and got close to her. Still maintaining a respectful distance.

"I just heard a rumour about you being Ruby Roy's favourite agent. Is that true?" She said and chuckled. I also crossed my hands like she had done and smiled slowly, not a happy one but a mischievous one. Good thing she returned the smile int he same way.
I just nodded a little bit and I pulled her into a hug."It's so good to see you." I said feeling her presence after so many years. We broke the hug and she replied "Good to see you too Nadia."
"How have you been-"
"I apologise for the interruption but we have more important works to do than 'How we've been' chit chats." Sarah cut me off in the middle of my sentence. She got guts. I looked towards Archie and she smiled at me. I looked back at Sarah and nodded.

"As you are back after a long time we have rescheduled today's meeting for tomorrow and all the files related to the cases are kept on you table. Let me show you the way to your private office Ma'am." Sarah said.

"Ok" I said before going towards the direction of my office without the help of Sarah. When I turned back, confusion was clear on her face. I smiled and said,"I am not new Sarah, you know me. Now take me to my office please." I am not willing to disappoint her or make any bad impression on my juniors.

Archie went towards her office and me and Sarah went towards mine.

Sorry for late updates guys.
I'll try to improve myself day by day.
Comment you thoughts on this story.
Have a Good Day🤗.