Chapter Four: The Cordelia Gang

As I was going through the files Sarah provided me, I was getting bored and yawned many times after the words like;-Gang, abuse, murder, rape, kidnap and etc.
I am not heartless or cold, its...its just that after solving so many cases like these and giving multiple examples to the criminal to not dare do anything like these, nothing changed.
I stopped at my own tracks of life and they took advantage of that in a very well way.

But even after all the cases being hella boring, I agreed to take the cases. I want to revise it all before the main exam.

As I was going through all the files, I felt as if they were some puzzle pieces, asking to be solved. All the murder had one thing in common; the victim's heart was missing and all the ribs were broken. One rib from every body was also missing along with the heart.

This thing caught my attention and I knew that this one case was waiting for me badly. The Spartans were usually given the cases which the police or any other officer was not able to solve.

I picked up the telephone and dialed the number given to me to reach my assistant.

"Umm...hey Cassandra, if you're free from the meeting then come in my office." I don't know why my voice was not as bold as before. I felt something weird. As if my mind would blast.

Everything went silent and only a whistle was heard. A very familiar and horrifying one. But it only lasted for a second.

I gasped for air as if I was just pulled out from a water body.

I felt suffocated.

"Ma'am!...Is everything okay?" Cassandra asked panicking.
"Yeah...just come to my office." I sighed and said. I was putting the phone down when in the middle of my action I heard something.
The sound was coming from the phone. I raised it to my ear and slowly the cracking voice became more clear.

"Ayúdame!" (Help me!)

Someone screamed. It was something in spanish I guess.

"Él me va a matar!" (He will kill me!)

A voice was again heard. It was a lady screaming. Desparate for someone to help her."Hello...Who are you? Where are you speaking from? Who is trying to kill you?" I shouted over the phone. How do I know spanish?

"And I will kill you too my darling."  That voice was so freaking deep and dark. It was a man's voice which almost caught me by suprise. Why the hell is his voice so familiar?
Suddenly a wave of realisation hit me and all the voices were gone. The cracking voices stopped and I saw that the call was hung up long ago.
I was sweating. My heart told me that the man who spoke on the phone was the same who was whistling a while ago. I felt as if the air was heavy against my body.

I heard muffled noises in my head, some screaming, some laughing, some crying. But one voice was very clear,"We'll surely  meet soon, darling." The 'darling' word was emphasised.

"Ma'am?...Ma'am?... Ma'am!"

I opened my eyes with a jolt. Cassandra was standing near the door holding the door knob. "You asked me to come. Are you okay?" She paused in between before asking about me. She sure was having a fantastic accent, the one she is famous for."Yeah. I am completely fine." I said, sounding a little tired and hesitant.

"I wanted to ask you something. Come sit." I said and signed her to sit across my table. There is a glass window behind my black chair and two more chairs across the wooden table with glass over it as a design, where Cassandra came and sat down.

She was wearing a pink suit with light blue shirt and a navy blue pant.

She wore glasses. The frame was very thin and it was also in a pink shade. Girly girl I see.

She took a glace of the files which were scattered on my table. All of them in dust colour and had a human heart sticker on them. The dusty colour actually hid the dust on the files, which means that these cases were not solved and left pending a very long time ago. Cassandra had a sad smile on her face.

"Cassandra are you okay?-" I was cut off by her in the middle.
"Just look at the wonders of nature ma'am." She paused and looked out from the window." The things that I have been running away from, all this time, came back as you. I thought it all ended but it came back, as you." She continued. The smile slowly faded away from her face.

"I don't get it. What do you exactly mean?" I said.

"Anyways, do you know about these murder cases where the victims heart and one rib is missing. There are almost eighty nine cases like these and I have a strong feeling that all of them are connected." I first shrugged off the topic she was talking about because we got more important work to do than discuss our life problems. These talks are for the lunch or dinner time anyway.

"Ever heard of the Cordelia gang?" She said & leaned on the table and joined her hand, keeping her chin on them. Suddenly it stikes in my head. Before I joined the Spartans this time, there was this one gang whose attacks were no less than a terrorist attack. They might be one of those who took advantage of me being absent for that particular time period.

.
.
.
Hey guyz! I hope you are enjoying this story alot.
There might be scenes which are a bit confusing, but slowly your confusion will be carried away once you get to the end of the story.

Have a Good Day.🤗