The BattlefieldᆞChapter 4

( No ones POV )

...

After talking with Pyro, Medic sat in his room in the infirmary. No matter what he tried to do, the pain kept getting worse. It was painfully silent but it was also painful when there was noise, Medic sighed, he didn't know what to do.. or what had even happened to him. He had been sitting in his room for that long, he didn't even realise the time. It was time for dinner. Medic wasn't really looking forward to it, he didn't feel hungry, or thirsty... Only pain everywhere. He stood up and went out of the infirmary, tonight was beef with some vegetables. Medic walked into the kitchen to find everyone sitting down already, he took a seat but didn't touch the food, he didn't even look up at anyone. "Is Doktor okay?" Heavy asked, "Ja. I'm fine." Medic said, clearly he wasn't okay. "Hah, what, did you tire yourself out with dem lame experiments of yours?" Scout said as he laughed alright after, Medic grumbled. "Ey. What'd you say?" Scout said as he looked up at medic who was still staring down, "Can you shut the fuck up." Medic said, he was clearly annoyed. "That's not how we talk to our teammates you maggot!" Soldier jumped into the conversation only to make things worse. Medic stood up and immediately shouted, "SOLDIER, I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD CAN EVERYONE JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP FOR ONCE?!" Medic had a very angry facial expression on, he was also shaking. Everyone was staring at him. Medic realized what he'd just said, "I.. uh.. mein apologies herr Scout, herr Soldier." He said a bit more quietly, he sat back down and still didn't touch his food. However, he looked up to find Demoman, Spy, Engineer, Heavy & Scout looking at him. "I'm going back to the infirmary..." Medic mumbled as he got up and left again. The mercenaries looked at each other with shock, confusion and worry on their faces from the way medic suddenly acted.
-------

( Medics POV )

I don't know why I acted like that. It just kind of... Happened. It was very awkward with the other Mercs after that as well.

Tap tap

Ach... Someone was knocking on one of the windows of the infirmary.. I got up and walked over to the window. Because it was pitch black I could barely see anything, my eyes hurt too much because of the pain anyway. I opened the window to hear a familiar voice I knew. "Bruder!" Fritz said cheerfully, "Ach, Fritz!! What are you doing here?? What if my team finds you here?? What if you set off one of the alarms?!" I said in a panicked tone, "Hey- Hey! It's alright, I just wanted to check up on you, I heard an explosion coming from here yesterday, Ja?" Fritz explained, I still felt a lot of pain. "Err... Well, I..." I said, I was lost for words on what to say. "I'll explain to you tomorrow Fritz." I said as I turned away from him, Even when I wasnt looking at him, I could tell he had a concerned expression on his face. "Ja... I hope your okay bruder." Fritz said as he left, I felt guilty that I pushed him away from the conversation, but I'll tell him tomorrow. I closed the window of the infirmary and went into my room. I was in so much pain I couldn't even get any of my work done or read, it just hurts. Everywhere.
-------

( No one's POV )

Today was the day where everyone had to go back into battle, the weekend was over. All of the Mercenaries on RED team were prepared for this, except from Medic of course. He was still in a lot of pain and taking a lot of painkillers to try to reduce the pain.

Mission begins in 1 minute!

Medic wasn't prepared, he had his uniform on and glasses, it was just everything else. He put on his gloves and got the Medi-Gun out, ready for battle, apart from the pain of course. When medic stepped out of the infirmary, he could hear his teammates trying to make a plan in a timespan of 20 seconds which was quite impressive actually. Medic got into the entrance just before the battle begun.

Mission begins in...

5..

4..

3..

2..

1!

All the Mercenaries rushed out, excited with their 20 second made up plan they created. Medic was slower than usual but he immediately lost sight of his teammates, Medic didn't run, he just stood their and looked around for any sign of his team.
He could hear them, but he couldn't see where they went, the battlefield looked empty except from seeing the explosions from BLU team. Medic got a little panicked so he ran in a random direction and hid. Little to his knowing, he hid right beside BLU base. He has to sit down and try to calm down then find his team.
-------

( No one's POV )

A few minutes had passed, Medic felt he had a bit more energy to at least look for his team. He got up just as another explosion went off and startled him almost falling back onto the ground again. He wandered around and started to feel dizzy, he saw a lot of red which was the Mercenaries on his team. But then he noticed blue. It was Fritz. Medic tried to go to Fritz but felt dizzy...
Too dizzy...
Fritz managed to notice Medic coming towards him, Fritz knew something wasn't right by the way Medic was acting. "Bruder?!" Fritz said, before Medic could reach Fritz he collapsed onto the floor. Fritz rushed over in a panic, "Medic?!" Fritz shouted, he started to tear up as Medic was unresponsive. "Oh, das ist schlimm. Das ist wirklich verdammt schlimm..." Fritz muttered under his breath. But Fritz started to cry, he didn't realise it, Fritz was panicking whilst holding medic in a hug, "MEDIC?! CAN YOU HEAR ME BRUDER??" Fritz shouted, no one heard him though. Fritz was crying, he was crying too much. "God damnit!! Medic!! Don't leave me!! ...Bitte!.." Fritz cried, he knew he had to do something though, crying and panicking at first wasn't really professional but Medic is his brother after all. Fritz picked up medic and ran him down back to BLU base, Fritz didn't realise he went past some of the BLU Mercenaries as he was running. Fritz barged into the BLU infirmary and locked the door so this could be a private family matter. He rushed to put medic down on the operating table and has the Medi-Gun attached and turned on so it wouldn't cause any harm to Medic. Fritz knew this had something to do with that explosion. He just needed to find out what.
-------

( No one's POV )

Fritz had been researching about all the problems for hours now. The battle had already finished but he didn't care, all he cared about was making sure his brother was alright. Fritz has to cut Medics stomach open to see if there was any inner damage. Medic felt no pain, I mean, technically he did but he was passed out so he doesn't have a reaction to it. Fritz was taking some looks at the inside of Medics stomach, he got interrupted by a knocking at the infirmary, Fritz.shifted his attention to the door. "Ach, who is it?" He asked, "Ay, 'Iz just me Doc!" Demoman responded behind the door, "What do you need Herr Demo?" Fritz questioned him trying to see what he wanted with BLU Medic (Fritz).
"Ah, me and da team are er.. worried" he replied, it did make sense, Fritz had been in the infirmary for hours and not at least gone out or been in much of the battle. "Uh, I'm alright Herr Demo." Fritz said that made BLU Demoman more suspicious of Fritz.