Chapter 6

Just Wanna Go Home

The sixth month

Edmund woke up in the middle of a forest. He was frowning, he had no idea how he ended up here. He knew for sure that he was not a sleepwlaker, if he was, he would have known a very long time ago. He stood up, he turned slowly on himself to look around him. He was no longer in England. He was back in Narnia. First, he started to smile, he was back home. It was the only thing that mattered for him.

Then, suddenly, his smile faded. If he was there it must have been for a good reason. His fears were well founded.Dahlia got herself into trouble.

Edmund started to walk, he did not really know whiwh way to go so he decided to follow his guts. Now, he really regretted Lucy’s absence, she was the only one who really knew where to go. She was the only one to know Narnia like the back of her hand.

Edmund had to walk for three days, he slept under the stars and if he was being honest, he missed this so more than more could express it. He could not do this kind of thing back in England. He first went to Miraz’s old castle, there, he met someone who told him King Caspian rebuilt Cair Paravel and that it was the official castle of Narnia once more.

Edmund walked four more days before finally arrivingat the gates of Cair Paravel. He presented himself to the guards before asking them to let him walk in but they refused.

“So go fetch Caspian! I need to talk to him!” Edmund was losing his patience.

He did not have time to waste but the two guards were deciding otherwise. Edmund pinched the bridge of his nose before taking a very deep breath.

“I request an audience before King Caspian and you have no right to deny me access. The law is clear!”

The two guards looked at each other, they were confused, the guard at Edmund’s right finally nodded and they let Edmund walk through the gate.

Edmund walked past them without thanking them. It was childish, he knew it, but he was no longer King so he had the right to act like a jerk - just for this one, of course.

Edmund was smiling frm ear to ear when he walked through Cair Paravel’s corridor, he missed this place so much. He was well aware it was not the same castle that it was all those years ago, but the memory of a life he lived a long time ago were still fresh in his mind and they were still present in the walls and columns that Caspian had kept during the renovation.

He had no trouble finding Caspian’s office. He knocked on the door and he waited patiently - well, with as much patience he had left after his little altercation with the two guards - that the King gave him the permission to come in. It was only in those situations that Edmund regretted not being the King anymore ; if he still were, he would just have opened the door and he would have said what he has to say. But now, he needed to wait.