Chapter 10

You Found Me

Dahlia

Dahlia woke up in her bedroom, in Cari Paravel. She smiled for a few hearbeat. She looked around her, looking for something that would tell her Edmund was here - if she had not dreamed and he was indeed back in Narnia, it would have been impossible for her to leave him for a single moment - but there was nothing. She had dream. It was just a dream.

Dahlia heard someone knocking on her door, thinking it was her female companions coming to help her get ready, she gave her blessing for them to come in.

“What are you stil doing in bed at this hour?”

“Edmund!” she screamed with joy.

Dahlia jumped off the bed before throwing hersemfl into his arms. She wrapped her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck. She was beyond happy to see she had not hallucinated.

Edmund laughed but he still wrapped his arms around her to hug her back. He missed that so much. He missed her so much. Without really giving it a second thought, Edmund dropped the meager bouquet of flowers he had brought her. If there was one thing Susan and Lucy taught him, it was to bring flowers to a girl after being apart for a very long period of time was always a good idea. And it was true no matter what world the girl lives in.

“I cannot believe you’re actually here.” she said, Edmund understood what she said even if her voice was muffled because her head was in the crock of his neck.

“And yet, here I am, sweets.”

“Yes. You found me. You kept your word…”  she got closer to him.

“You said that like you're surprised;” laughed Edmund.

“I kind of lost hope.” she admitted.

“I know, sweets. I know.”

Edmund had lost hope, too. More than once. But he would never admit it out loud.

They stayed in each other’s arms until Dahlia’s femal companions came to help her get ready for the day. Edmund left the room to give them some privacy.

“Which dress do you want to wear today, Madam Dahlia?”

“The dark red.” Dahlia annonced confidently.

It was the same dress she wore when Edmund told her of his feelings for her, so she wanted to wear it because it was a special day. Her and Edmund were finally reunited, it did not matter to her how long she had learned to cherish the times they spent together. The real challenge was the moment of farewell. But, she was trying not to think about it right now.

“I wish to let my hair down today.” said Dahlia.

“Very well, Madam Dahlia.”

Dahlia came out of her room, her female companions right behind her.