Loyal To A Fault

Korra couldn’t believe her eyes. Standing  right in front of her were her two beloved brothers. She ran to them as fast as her legs could carry her and threw both boys into a strong hug. It may not have been that long since she had seen them, but it felt like an eternity had passed. After living with them for so long, not having them around was a strange feeling. She had secretly been counting down the days until they were supposed to arrive. They weren’t meant to arrive for another two or three weeks. Actually, Bolin wasn’t even supposed to arrive until after his graduation in the spring. How are they here?

“Korra!” Bolin had broken out of the group hug and picked Korra up to spin her around in the air while simultaneously squeezing the air from her lungs. “We’ve missed you so much! The room just isn’t the same without your snoring.” he teased.

“Hey! I do not snore.” she argued back. She knew for a fact that she did, but she would never admit it.

“Yeah you do.” Mako came over to ruffle her hair “But we still love you anyway.” he said, squeezing her into a smaller side hug of his own. 

Her mind was still trying to catch up. Today certainly hadn’t been easy, and she was in need of some brotherly love. Part of her mind was telling her to wake up, but the brothers arms wrapper around her reminded her that she wasn’t asleep.

She heard heels clacking against the stone behind her. “I had them transferred over early, I hope you don’t mind.” Asami smiled.

Korra looked at Asami absolutely stunned. She didn’t know what to say to such a gesture. “You’re amazing.” she said the only thought repeating in her head. Not only had Asami listened when Korra had mentioned missing her brothers, but the princess had personally seen to it to bring the brothers here to her, weeks early, in an effort to cheer the knight up. There were not enough words for Korra to express how much this gesture meant to her. It certainly couldn’t have been easy to get the boys here so soon. 

The two brothers quickly straightened up at the sight of Asami. The princess walked to stand right next to Korra. Both brothers frantically bowed as the princess walked up.

“Your royal highness, lady, I am so, so, sorry for me and my brother's unorderly behavior.” Bolin managed to get out in a fake distinguished voice as he tripped over his words.

“Bolin! You’re not supposed to talk to her directly! You have to wait until she allows you to speak to her.” Mako scolded from beside him.

Korra and Asami both looked at each other with a brow raised before turning back to the bowing brothers. A beat later the women let out loud laughs as they watched the boys fumbling to try and correct their behavior. 

“What exactly do they tell you about the royals at the Knight Academy? It seems they’ve made us into these hard-ass monsters with no personality.” Asami asked.

Both boys stared wide-eyed and jaws on the floor at the princess’s raunchy words. To be fair the Academy really had made the royals out to be superior beings. And they were. Royals held more power and more wealth than anyone else. They were meant to be respected and honored with every move the soldiers made. But Korra had never truly seen Asami like that. Sure, the princess could be considered a goddess by her looks alone. But she had so many quirks and attributes that made her so utterly human. The more you talked to Asami the more you would find out just how beautiful she truly was. She was always putting others before herself and taking time to brighten everyone else’s day. It was easy to see why everyone around the palace liked her so much.

“Well in our defense they do make you out to be an otherworldly authoritative being with no soul. I also heard the royals have a real knack for finding trouble with their knight’s too.” she grinned.